720p? 1080p? 1440p?

When the P2 comes out is when I'll decide if I want one.

If it doesn't meet my needs I'll look around for something that does.

One option I would like for the P2 screen would be the ability to swivel the screen round and lay it flat to use the P2 as a tablet, that would then make sense to me for touch screen.

for note taking I think the Note 8 has the perfect size.   
Quoted for great justice!

It is indeed.  ^_^

We also need to realize that if we manage to get the Note 2 screen, that would quite dramatically expand our target market.

Graphics students and artistic hobbyists would absolutely *FALL INLOVE* with the device.  .. and trust me, we are so use to paying a premium for our kit (thanks Wacom) that the high price of the P2 wouldn't deter them.

While I love my Note 8.0, I do wish for some proper PC ports... You guys could make that happen with the Note 2 digitizer and the screen is *just* large enough for an artist who wants to be productive on the go.

I seriously think this deserves looking into... yes, it means a redesigned case, but the added benefit there is now we can put in an even larger battery - with the amoled screen, I wouldn't be surprised if we manage to beat the Pandora 1's battery life for general usage.

This device has the potential to make waves guys... 

the origional Pandora didnt have a 360 hinge because that design is patented. j wonder though, could we make it so we sell the P2 in 2 parts that are snapped together by the user there-in getting around the patent? Like, if the device isnt sold complete, then technically it isnt infringing

^ The 360 degree isn't patented cart blanche, the only  identified  patent in previous discussions was the lift and twist 180 screen design you see on the fujitsu lifebooks - which are not 360 degree hinges.   There are many designs to how you could go about doing  a 360 hinge, some may be patented, some are not and some probably were but their patent has expired.

I'm really curious to see the hinge or swivel Craig is using on the ICP2, its not a 360 hinge but it does allow you to use your phone in a tablet style as well as being able to use it in a keyboard under screen config. Unfortunately to date , Craig has been completely silent on the ICP2 swivel holder.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ The 360 degree isn't patented cart blanche, the only patent that was identified as patented in previous discussions was the lift and twist 180 screen design you see on the fujitsu lifebooks - which are not 360 degree hinges.   There are many designs to how you could go about doing  a 360 hinge, some may be patented some are not.
Then since we're doing Android out of the box, I think a 360 degree hinge is a must. Also can we make it so when its fully flklled back, the keyboard and gaming controls are disabled? so it becomes like a 5.5" tablet.

Then since we're doing Android out of the box, I think a 360 degree hinge is a must. Also can we make it so when its fully flklled back, the keyboard and gaming controls are disabled? so it becomes like a 5.5" tablet.
We'll make a special version just for you my man.  No worry. You just have to wait patiently like Craig's customers waiting for their preorders from him :)

^ I wouldn't mind seeing the swivel design Craig comes out with for the ICP2 - It may be a winner - although I can see some not liking the not being able to be tilt the screen up.

EeePC T101MT. One of the few notebooks with swivel. I have one and with Ubuntu on it, it is excellent. Slow as hell with the default Windows bloat though. Unfortunately my lcd screen broke, but I still use it as my back up desktop. 

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/Eee_PC_T101MT/

T101MT is pretty heavy and thick, but the idea behind it is just waiting for a better implementation. Even with its shortcomings probably my most used device ever - after my desktop PCs that is...

A smaller 5,5 - 7" and lighter version with gaming controls that would be sweet :)

EeePC T101MT. One of the few notebooks with swivel. I have one and with Ubuntu on it, it is excellent. Slow as hell with the default Windows bloat though. Unfortunately my lcd screen broke, but I still use it as my back up desktop. 

T101MT is pretty heavy and thick, but the idea behind it is just waiting for a better implementation. Even with its shortcomings probably my most used device ever - after my desktop PCs that is...

A smaller 5,5 - 7" and lighter version with gaming controls that would be sweet :)
A P2 with Note 2 screen and that hinge would be...

The. Best. Device. EVER!!!   ^_^   

Can I get a wut wut?

Can I get a wut wut?
That hinge scaled down to where it would fit would be weak and unstable as hell.

Yes on the Note 2 screen. I have a Note 2. It is awesome. No on complex hinges.

In fact, skip running the display cable through the hinge completely. Use a pair of slots and run the cable flat through a pair of slots between two hinges or on the 'inside the clamshell' side of a single long hinge. Keep it simple. Less wear. Easier to repair.

For the hinges themselves... again, keep it simple. Use a 1mm fine thread machine screw with a knurled nut as a pin in a piano-style hinge. The end user can use the knurled nut to increase/decrease tension on the hinge for infinite 'locking' points.

Simplify the mechanical elements of the case - and make them stronger and more durable in the process.

I don't think the hinge of the T101MT should be scaled down a lot and it is very sturdy. Never read about folks having issues with it. That said, I don't really care about the mechanism. As long as it does the trick and is sturdy. Another issue with the hinge from the T101MT could be that it is patented.

To come back to the discussion of screen size..

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Openpandora-/301005886989?pt=FR_Jeux_Vid%C3%A9o_Consoles&hash=item461559560d#shpCntId

"Owned for 1 year and used for 20 hours about (my eyes are getting older for this small display)."

The silent majority?

Back