720p? 1080p? 1440p?

Grench

Forum Addict!
If you thought 720p was a lot of pixels to push and 1080p was overkill but OK, if that's what is available...

1440 X 2560 in a 5.5" screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/25/japan-display-joins-the-quad-hd-phone-screen-party/

I have a Galaxy Note II.  It's essentially a 720p 5.5" display.  That would be plenty of pixels.

I could see 1080p if they're more available or would have a longer parts availability life.

1440p?  No - I'd rather have 720p or1080p, but if it pushes the prices of those displays down, cool.

Resolution expectations on handheld devices have gone to plaid.  (Spaceballs)

For the hardware we can expect to emulate I would think 720p is enough.

543ppi... that is ridiculous. Pixels of that density resolve at around 6 inches: you need to hold the display 6 inches from your face before your eye can begin to distinguish between two pixels. Why are you holding your phone 6 inches from your face?

543ppi... that is ridiculous. Pixels of that density resolve at around 6 inches: you need to hold the display 6 inches from your face before your eye can begin to distinguish between two pixels. Why are you holding your phone 6 inches from your face?
Why would you want to distinguish between pixles?

Who wants that crappy retina displays any more?

If you can't see the pixels any more, why making them even smaller then?

To be sure you can't see them?

Who wants that crappy retina displays any more?

If you can't see the pixels any more, why making them even smaller then?

To be sure you can't see them?
Have you ever used a computer with a ppi so high that you cant see it? Its a fantastic experience. Im not just saying handling it in store, but owning the product and using it daily. It feels so "right" for lack of better words.
Well, it seems harder to get a 5" 720p screen than a 5" 1080p screen, sadly :(
YAY :D

Well, it seems harder to get a 5" 720p screen than a 5" 1080p screen, sadly :(
There were several of us that predicted this - that 1080p screens would become the norm and may wind up being easier to source and cheaper than 720p ones.

But then I figured it would stabilize at 1080p...  I couldn't see the point of going to a higher pixel density on a screen in the 5-6" range.

It's like the Mhz wars only in pixels.

How about, changeble Resolution: For Mobile Use, you can put the Pandora2 via Low Power Mode to 720p, and at home, when a Power Plug is near, you an use the whole 1440p..

im happy whit a 5 " Multitouch screen, which is a bit bigger then the Screen on the Pandora1,

Nothing else Matters..

How about, changeble Resolution: For Mobile Use, you can put the Pandora2 via Low Power Mode to 720p, and at home, when a Power Plug is near, you an use the whole 1440p..

im happy whit a 5 " Multitouch screen, which is a bit bigger then the Screen on the Pandora1,

Nothing else Matters..
i dont know what you are talking about. if you have a 1440p screen no matter what you have to display 1440p pixels. theres no magic at work there

Back