$700 MegaMan Movie

vadsamoht

I just ran across this, and thought some of you (Prometheus especially) might be interested:

http://www.kotaku.co...mega-man-movie/

EDIT: I haven't actually watched it myself, yet, just thought I'd share the link.

EDIT2: Ok, I've watched it. It's actually not that good IMO, but considering the budget it's an admirable attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
To save reinventing the wheel, I'm just going to quote my reaction to it from The Communication Cube, if that's alright. :)

The production values were pretty good, but there seems to be no explanation for why X's armour does not resemble X's armour, why Proto Man is present, why the reliability-testing took on some sort of physical form, and why the costumes and weapons used resemble the looks of MegaMan Battle Network (which is part of an entirely unrelated timeline and continuity) instead of those of Mega Man X.

I don't think this one's for me. Unlike Eddie Lebron's Mega Man fan-film (which happened to cover some really obscure stuff here and there), this trailer unfortunately comes across to my mind as lacking knowledge of the source material, and I'm thinking that that would drive me quite mad. :p

The fan-film I refer to there was also done on a shoestring budget (mostly involving donations and assistance from outside of the production team, I gather), but from what I've seen of both, did a lot of things better.

Back