32X Progress

Coolbros2X said:
Thanks, tried that but it doesn't work on the F-300.. I think I will try again (the April version of F-300)
so, any fixes? Please please fix this issue.
Sure, just tell me how. There is basically no info about that thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are F300 fixed versions from Gngeo and MAME4all available at gpain.com. One thing they seem to change is the 120Hz display timing. Perhaps removing this settings from PicoDrive will help...

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export LD_PRELOAD=

export POLLUX_RAM_TIMINGS='ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
export POLLUX_LCD_TIMINGS_NTSC='lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;clkdiv0=9'
export POLLUX_LCD_TIMINGS_PAL='lcd_timings=428,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;clkdiv0=10'

./PicoDrive $*

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

Try to remove both "LCD Timings" lines in the PicoDrive.exe file with an editor...

Coolbros2X, I'm really interested in the F300. Could you post some pictures of the unit in the Wiz section of this board? Many thanks...

sbock said:
There are F300 fixed versions from Gngeo and MAME4all available at gpain.com. One thing they seem to change is the 120Hz display timing. Perhaps removing this settings from PicoDrive will help...

Code:
#!/bin/sh

export LD_PRELOAD=

export POLLUX_RAM_TIMINGS='ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
export POLLUX_LCD_TIMINGS_NTSC='lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;clkdiv0=9'
export POLLUX_LCD_TIMINGS_PAL='lcd_timings=428,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;clkdiv0=10'

./PicoDrive $*

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

Try to remove both "LCD Timings" lines in the PicoDrive.exe file with an editor...

Note: I tried doing that by removing LCD Timings but still doesn't work.. So far I only managed to download
rage2x and gngeo_0.7 (fixes the screen tearing) from gpain.com
If you found more F300 fixed versions of GP2X/Wiz emulators like MAME4all from there.. please let me know many thanks :)

sbock said:
Coolbros2X, I'm really interested in the F300. Could you post some pictures of the unit in the Wiz section of this board? Many thanks...

well I can but Tony Han might get really upset if I do that. so just let me know your email address, I'll send them do you really want one? :)
Thanks for your interest. :)

notaz said:
Coolbros2X said:
Thanks, tried that but it doesn't work on the F-300.. I think I will try again (the April version of F-300)
so, any fixes? Please please fix this issue.
Sure, just tell me how. There is basically no info about that thing.

Thanks for offering to fix the problem.. I've tried sbock's suggestion method to cut the 120hz display timing, it still doesn't work
I've been trying to get emulators like GPFce, PocketSNES to work on the F300 but they don't seem to work or work properly for some reasons.. (as in the case with Picodrive)
I don't understand why..The F-300 use the same LCD like F-200 and doesn't use OLED
anyways I will keep you updated. thanks

well.. here is the update: I tried removing all those "export POLLUX" settings in the Picodrive.gpe as you suggested, saved the newly edited GPE file with MS Windows Notepad it still doesn't work (just shows a black screen and hangs machine :( )
I decided to take the risk and loaded the unhacked Picodrive.gpe on the F-300
and guess what to my surprise it
works but all the Picodrive fonts on the menu selection screen are messed up (as if some resolution scaling are not supported in a F-300 unlike Wiz?)
Any fixes about this? thanks, I appreciate your help again.

Exophase said:
Are you from gp32spain?

I don't really get this brand loyalty to GPH..
I fear that pandora will have a negative effect on GPH and they will go under and then the Pandora people lose interest and there are no more open handhelds. Not to mention that the Pandora is simply too expensive. $330 is simply too much money for a handheld game console.

christo930 said:
Exophase said:
Are you from gp32spain?

I fear that pandora will have a negative effect on GPH and they will go under and then the Pandora people lose interest and there are no more open handhelds. Not to mention that the Pandora is simply too expensive. $330 is simply too much money for a handheld game console.

I agree. We should stick to shitty out of date tech from China where you can get your $50 handhelds built by slaves. Wooo yeah. Let's all scrape for the lowest price. Hey, why not throw a 1.5" LCD in the next one? This will surely lead to good times.

And obviously well over 4000 people disagree with you about the price.

And it's not a games console.

And... etc. etc.

$330 seems fair to me look up UMPC prices on Newegg.com they cost $2,500 and up

the dingoo and WIZ are nice but are underpowered for what most people need

pandora is great and great price so stop complaining about spending $330 that is small $$$

Why are all these people who obviously want a Pandora bitching about the Pandora and sticking with the GP2X? :p

Pandora costs more than I could hope to save in a year - so it's just as well I've had 3 years to save up for it. I've ordered one, and it's a MASSIVE amount of money for me, but I'm not complaining. If you want something enough you'll find a way to get it.

I want a Pandora - I want it a lot. If you don't like what it's offering then piss off and buy some dreary brand name mass produced hunk of shite and enjoy it - send lovely posts to your fellow lobo's and leave us to enjoy out special device (or at least enjoy dreaming of when we get it).

I think this whole discussion about GPH going under because of the Pandora is silly...
If they do, they have no right to exist and it would prove that most people would rather have a Pandora.
If they don't, it means you were right and most people think it's too expensive.

Can't have both ways... ;)

What are you guys doing with my thread x_X
I wish I had some "on topic" news though..

Gruso said:
Back on topic, a mate of mine tells me this:

Picodrive for PSP does 32X as well.

Still play Star Wars Arcade now and then on the ol PSP.

Does Picodrive PSP already support 32X, or does he have his facts wrong?
Sounds like he's lying, unless somebody secretly forked PD and added support which is exremely unlikely.

Exophase said:
Are you from gp32spain?

I hope you don't seriously mean it, but I miss some emoticons there.

I'm getting a little tired of reading generalizations about the members of GP32Spain, and I had more than enough about the entire thread that was completely deleted because a single user declared being ofended and where spaniards were accused of racism in a very sad generalization.

Anyway, I don't want to start a flame in this thread, and I don't think you are the one to be blamed about nothing (you've gained everyone respect here, including mine, with your contrasted opinions).

I completely disagree that $330 is expensive. IIRC the Nokia N800 was 330 _EURO_ when it came out, and that's OMAP2 and less RAM, etc. One of the reasons I pre-ordered the Pandora was because I considered it a bargain. Still do.

-Tor

Argh, no more Pandora talk.

notaz said:
What are you guys doing with my thread x_X
I wish I had some "on topic" news though..

Gruso said:
Back on topic, a mate of mine tells me this:

Picodrive for PSP does 32X as well.

Still play Star Wars Arcade now and then on the ol PSP.

Does Picodrive PSP already support 32X, or does he have his facts wrong?
Sounds like he's lying, unless somebody secretly forked PD and added support which is exremely unlikely.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'd prefer to call him mistaken than a liar, because he's not really like that. But now I'm super curious about what he thinks he's played.

Back