GP2X 2xforge?

If there was a dedicated SourceForge-like site available, would you use it?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If it were convenient.

• I can't really be bothered.

• Definitely not.

• Total voters

RiX0R

Idler-Inside
Website
rix0r.nl
The rant thread is going in an entirely different direction, so I thought I'd create a new thread with an attached poll to measure the climate for this:

Would you like a SourceForge-like site, dedicated specifically to GP2X development, providing services for developing your game/app/library/whatever?

I'm thinking about such services as:
  • Version control repository
  • Website
  • Bug tracker
  • File releases
  • Documentation
And anything else you can dream up. I can probably set it up and host it, but only if there's enough people who are actually going to use it.

The upshot of this is twofold: as a developer you'll get version control, and everyone's code is available to everyone else, which will help others with the implementation of their apps; plus bugfixes can be as simple as someone sending in a patch.

So what dou you think?

This sounds like it would mainly be useful for OSS projects with things like everyone's code being available. That's fine with me because I'm probably going to do that anyway, but not everyone is going to be down with that.

Why not use Sourceforge? ie: Its there and fully featured.

The only thign you need is an index to find the projects there. Use the existing wiki's?

jeff

There's two advantages you can get over sourceforge:
  • Allowing closed-source developers to have a website, mailing lists and file repository. So long as it is for the gp2x/gp32 and they can't remove the binary from the site (so it will always be available).
  • Subversion!

As long as there were no closed source projects there it would be great, it would be nice if it also interlinked with the GP2X file archive in some way. Or rather if evil dragon could make some hax so that you could see the most active projects on gp2xforge and so on.
I think it would be good, especially if devs actually used it.

I am all for it. It would be great to see a nice place for devs to do releases and updates... as long as devs get their own sub-page to have specific info on their programs.

Good luck with this... I hope it goes through... if and when it does go ahead PM me and I will setup my project on the site if you will allow me to ;)

Back