2GB and 4GB

I don't know about anybody else, but for myself, especially with Firefox mobile with its tab previews it helps remind me to check on websites that I would forget exist if they're a bookmark because they're right there. I use bookmarks to get Firefox to autocomplete urls I visit frequently and for tabs I'm no longer using but may want again in the future.

On my phone I also have open a bunch of tabs.
That's trus.
But not on my desktop

Could be just easier to use Vivaldi, it has a native tab management with grouping, quick searching,the possibility to visualize them vertically or horizontally etc...

I have 277 tabs open, and I can switch from one to another in a flash using quick search, I don't have to search for them with the mouse and my eyes.
A proprietary fork of Chrome? No thanks!

On my phone I also have open a bunch of tabs.
That's trus.
But not on my desktop
Makes sense, I haven't owned a desktop in years, I've been using a laptop and tablet/phone for at least 12 years, and I've found that now that I use my phone for most of my browsing my laptop doesn't have as many tabs as it did when I brought it everywhere with me.

Last edited:
Also the UI is JavaScript, so while its licence may not be open, you can check it for security vulnerabilities. I too would prefer an open browser, but apparently Vivaldi works better on the Pyra than the others.

They are somehow always considering to open source everything, but the issues are that they are not a foundation, and to keep the software free, their only way to get money is by owning their main work, the interface, so there's the risk to lose everything they possess opening things up... at least as far as their business is so small.

Then there are the companies who are effectively gaming the open source idea. When a project's code base becomes expensive to maintain, they 'open source' it, gift the ongoing support to the community, then absolve themselves of obligation for ongoing support while redirecting support needs to 'the community'. A recent 27,000 line submission to the Linux kernel for NTFS support comes to mind.

You could at least link it. ;) That do claim they want to continue to support it going forward, but they presumably can't commit to any specific timescale.
Unless it’s an empty/superficial “we plan to”, it doesn’t sound like they’re abandoning it for the community to pick up on alone:

We plan to support this version after the codebase once merged, and add new
> features and fix bugs. For example, full journaling support over JBD will be
> added in later updates.

Back