16days Entries Discussion

Wolfsclaw posted on Oct 29 2004 at 09:48 AM said:
blair wars -> this was... erm... strange o_O
it loaded almost a minute, then i had time to shoot 2x and then it said "congrats, you saved the universe" wtf? i didnt even shoot a thing down :p ahh well, maybe im just too stupid to play this :rolleyes:

If this happens it's becuase you have put the WAVES folder in gpmm/ and not gpmm/blairwar. You have to make the blairwar directory yourself, I didn't have time to make up the zip with all the folders created already...

wub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I can't help you, Sonic-NKT. I don't really know about fenix tutorials in english, beacuse i think there is only a few fenix coders who are english-speakers. You can search for div games studio tutorials, it has similar sintax and is easier to find webs in english.

Ive played most of the entries and my favs are gpmax, Even it isnt exactly with the music its still cool, NazcaDreams which is very cool, havnt got too far though,
Smash GP which i think is very cool and has great potential only problem i find is not being sure where you are all the time, and finally I love lacuna Ive managed to get 7500 ish on speed 3 size 3 and 1116 on speed 5 size 1 (seriously hard on this setting)

Great compo other entries were cool too.

Just been playing nazcadreams and got one of the three doors open and went to the flying section where i was fighting a tree, pretty trippy but very cool and i urge people to try it.

Mark posted on Oct 29 2004 at 01:13 PM said:
To anyone who has GPMax working:

What Firmware/File Launcher are you using?

I use the Euro firmware that came along with my gp32

hm.... can´t get GPmax to work, either. I tried YAFL, YANL, PACROM, EUFW and Slubmans comander. All hang or reset. I just don´t get it! Im using Aquafishs mfw, probably gottas flash to an non multi one (which would suck!)

gpMax works on YAFL for me,

Nazca dreams has become my favourite game on the GP. been playing it for last hour and i love it, not sure bout replay value though, Im on to the second boss its a bouning ball thing which is again very cool.

Im gonaa try to make a char for Smash gp too somtime .

Hi pp and very very thanks for your comments :D

Im a CPC fan and i just can play with my favorites games on my GP32 ;)

I see any comments that someone dont know the original CPC, you can compare PituKa with the best CPC emulators:

http://arnold.emuunlim.com/
http://winape.emuunlim.com/
http://cpc-em.emuunlim.com/ (no 500mhz cpu need it, but only MSDOS)
http://www.caprice32.cybercube.com/ (the best :D)

If u dont know the best CPC games, in my opinion and my betatesters ;)
read this :

The 100 best CPC games

(Spanish topics, sorry)
(Games names on english)

Cu friends! :rolleyes:

feddon posted on Oct 29 2004 at 02:59 PM said:
Im gonaa try to make a char for Smash gp too somtime .

You'll have to wait until the new release (very soon) as there's a bug that stops it working properly yet.

Thanks for char edit info.
Im guesing it should be easy to use as His Wargame maker is great and both games work brilliantly.

I haven't had any chance to play any of these yet (and probably won't until at least tomorrow afternoon at the earliest:(), but these entries look very interesting indeed.

I'm very interested in the Synth! This could be a must-have app! Hopefully the step-sequencer will be developed - and how about a few 909 bass drums to help things along? ;)

thanx for the info, D_Skywalk! I'll check out the CPC this weekend...i wasn't really familiar with the MSX either before my GP32, and I love that system!

also, my comments on GPMax were meant as constructive criticizm, I actually really like that game, which is probably why I had so many comments and suggestions, because I'd really like a finished version of it! (By the way, I'm using the multi-bios and booting directly into Wind-Ups, for the people who can't get it running)

Thanx for the info on RomArcade pacman using the puckman rom also, I should've thought about that, Doh! :p

Also, thanx for the tip on NazcaDreams, and WWII, they seem to work well while booting into PacRom, so I'll go ahead and review them now! :) Sorry I didn't realize this earlier :huh:

-NazcaDreams - wow...this game is really good, it's a really fun platformer with excellent graphics! I love the intro, theres leaves falling (which look absolutely stunning!) And some neat powerups, I love the flying around, although, I'd like to see a little controller tweak there! All in all, though, this is a great game, everyone should try this! Also, I like how when you enter new rooms it says the name of the room in the top-righthand corner of the screen like in castlevania or metroid! Great work!

-WWII - an EXCELLENT free-roaming shoot-em-up! Man, this game has everything, great graphics, great control, established missions, great sound, seriously, this game has everything. I love the fact that you can increase and decrease altitude, it really adds that 3rd dimension, to an otherwise 2d game! Great job!

I'd like to thank each and every person in the GP32 community, especially the contestants and organizers of this amazing contest! I love to see what the "little-guy" makes in their homes for their GP32! I don't want to wait another year for another contest! :) I've been a part of the Dreamcast and XBox communities, but this, by far, is the most friendliest, and the most impressive! Thank You! Expect to see me around a lot more!

-BobBorakovitz

Back