16 Days Coding Competition Deadline Reached

davey g posted on Oct 25 2004 at 11:33 AM said:
Why is it that when any competition comes around people only want emulators? More homebrew games power + 1 !!!
Because people are nostalgic?

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster posted on Oct 25 2004 at 01:13 PM said:
davey g posted on Oct 25 2004 at 11:33 AM said:
Why is it that when any competition comes around people only want emulators? More homebrew games power + 1 !!!
Because people are nostalgic?
no, because people want good games......

JOKE! +1 :p

they entries look really good looking forward to playing them.

Besides, aren't they're enough emus on the gp32 already?

Myself (and I know many others too) I find it very discouraging when emus are all folks bring up; like "well, its all well and nice you try other stuff, but go back to writing emus" <sound of whip> :)

jeff

well, wish there was more pics, but the ones there got my interest...
really interested in the Metal Gear one...
wonder what model format it needs....
cant wait to play some

~Octavious

skeezix posted on Oct 25 2004 at 02:34 PM said:
Besides at aren't they're enough emus on the gp32 already?

Myself (and I know many others too) I find it very discouraging when emus are all folks bring up; like "well, its all well and nice you try other stuff, but go back to writing emus" <sound of whip> :)

jeff

Yeah, but you've gotta expect people to talk about emulators as much as they do. It's not that people don't appreciate homebrew games, it's just that an emulator can open up hundreds and hundreds of quality games in one fell swoop. So understandably lots of GP32 owners will be wanting emulators more than they would a single homebrew game.

Having said that, I think we've got enough emulators right now. There are only a couple of major formats left that the GP32 could possibly emulate.

Looking good, all those pics look good, especially the MGS one, that looks amazing. Hope it plays and isnt just a tech demo. I wonder if that Medal of Honour game has been entered.

Huxley posted on Oct 25 2004 at 05:20 PM said:

jeff

Yeah, but you've gotta expect people to talk about emulators as much as they do. It's not that people don't appreciate homebrew games, it's just that an emulator can open up hundreds and hundreds of quality games in one fell swoop. So understandably lots of GP32 owners will be wanting emulators more than they would a single homebrew game.

exactly.

however, i would love an arachno update :rolleyes: :p

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for such a question, but it is related (sorta). Do the links for Gpmower or Entropy work for anyone on the another 15 days competition.

Guyfawkes are the competition enterys for the old compos hosted on GP32emu?

jeff

There may be alot of emus on the GP32 but a good many of them are very unfinished and/or need improvement. Some are slow, some lack features like saves, some have compatibility issues. I don't think there is a single emu that is completely finished on the GP32 to the point that something could not be improved anymore.

Also emus open up the world of proffessional quality stuff. Homebrew is great too but most often it is started and abandoned just as fast in a half-done state.

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for such a question, but it is related (sorta). Do the links for Gpmower or Entropy work for anyone on the another 15 days competition.

I still have the fxe for gpmower somewhere, if you can't find it anywhere feel free to pm me :) I guess it was taken down because the file was so big!

wub.

craigix posted on Oct 25 2004 at 07:21 PM said:
I think everyone will love the entries, its been an excellent turnout!

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Can't wait to know more :) Thanks alot Craig to make such great competitions appear :))

btw I'm really loving the idea to get a DDR engine on GP32 :p
surely we'll see also the first release of a CPC emu for GP32 :p yeahhhhhh so great :) & why not a fMame??? ;p Plus many homebrew surprises héhé ;op of course I'm dreaming :eek:p

hmmm craig dont make me nervous.... ;)

(and i got to buy a chatboard from you soon, but it's so expensive to germany :ph34r: ah well, gotta get around it and use my new paypal account soon :p )

Back