15 Day Comp Conversation

Flack

I was just curious to get some people's opinions on what they thought of the different entries entered into gp32emu's 15 Day Comp. I haven't had a chance to check them all out yet and was wondering what people thought.

I voted for the battleships game because I thought it was funny. There were some really good entries though, it is a shame you can only vote once. I liked the falling game too, and the chip 8 emulator is growing on me. I also really like the one where you fly a passenger jet and drop bombs and shoot. It reminded me of Harrier Attack.

Falldown, Gloop, Drunken Frogger, GPSmack and Battleships are still on my SMC - the other projects are IMHO not really playable.
But Giro and Gigas Engine have potential, I really want to see new versions :)
And my vote went to: Falldown - it's too addictive

I have them all on my smc still and will be playing them all for aslong as possible before voting. So far Falldown or "15 Day Crap (I can't draw but I can fly)" are my favourites, with Giro getting a mention for being technically great.

If the cursor moved at a decent speed Gloop would get my vote.

I really think Slyro is one of the most addictive games in ages, but it seems to have been overlooked. It even has a 2 player mode (extreamly rare on the gp32), I think it could be made into a really good bubble bobble like game.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Lotsa good stuff, very impressive.

Giro was the winner to me. Since this was a programming contest, and not a game contest, I think Giro represented the slickest bit of coding overall, and it did everything (graphics, sound, effects etc.) very well. Smooth movement and no clicking to the sound at all. I would love to see Giro developed into a full game. Please Franz, don't let it end with just this demo. :( I wanna see Giro: Full Version on JoyGP someday for $15! :)

Slyro is my next fave. The game is very fun, and that music. OMG! It's fantastic! Best game music I've heard in ages.

Gloop - top quality Lemmings style game in the making. Another one that could become a commercial game with some work.

Falldown - simple and fun. Nice.

Drunken Frogger - clever concept, and solid execution.

Those were my favorites. The Chip-8 emu is cool too, just to have more emus on GP32, altho it's not a system that holds much interest for me. Lotsa other good stuff there. I wonder who'll win?

what is the chip 8 thing? I've not been able to put them on an SMC yet (usb problems)

Back