My Cousin Is Building A Comp

DemonStar55

chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai chai
Website
demonstar55.phpnet.us
well my cousin and me are going to build him a comp and I was just wondering what to get... he wants it for gaming and on coming games so it needs to be some what good

he wants to get this chassis/case whatever you call it: http://store.yahoo.com/directron/cf20291bk.html

I was just wondering if you had any recomendations for some compnents and whats some good online stores that are in the US??

DemonStar55 posted on Aug 14 2004 at 03:44 AM said:
wow this site looks too good to be true

http://www.qualityoemsoft.biz/?campaign_id=21012

wheres a good site to get win2k pro?
If you can get windows xp pro for the same price as win2k, get xp. A fully optimised xp pro install slightly edges out a fully optimised win2k install.

Some of those OEM stores are a scam. Not saying they all are, just be careful.

Also, that case looks OK, just get a good power supply. I mean good brandname, wattage doesnt mean jack shit. 300w Antec is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swiss_Cheeseman posted on Aug 13 2004 at 11:42 PM said:
DemonStar55 posted on Aug 14 2004 at 03:44 AM said:
wow this site looks too good to be true

http://www.qualityoemsoft.biz/?campaign_id=21012

wheres a good site to get win2k pro?
If you can get windows xp pro for the same price as win2k, get xp. A fully optimised xp pro install slightly edges out a fully optimised win2k install.

Some of those OEM stores are a scam. Not saying they all are, just be careful.

Also, that case looks OK, just get a good power supply. I mean good brandname, wattage doesnt mean jack shit. 300w Antec is good.
well where would you recomend getting the OS from??

and also what MB Processor and GFX he's going to ask his step bro this too I just want to know what you guys think

and whats some good online stores

I get my OSes from a local company in where I live, Australia, so it wouldn't be much use to you. Best to ask around.

go for windows 2k you will beable to install it on all of your computers ;) less hassle no product activation and for parts ebuyer.com is cheap and seems good but I have read reviews that say there returns department sucks

Exo posted on Aug 16 2004 at 05:42 AM said:
go for windows 2k you will beable to install it on all of your computers ;) less hassle no product activation and for parts ebuyer.com is cheap and seems good but I have read reviews that say there returns department sucks
Well thats still illegal, you may as well just pirate winxp.

I have this computer (it even includes finty's processor B) ) and it's a rock solid machine. It only crashed to the point that I had to reboot once, and that was when I was running a buttload of stuff. The total cost was $570, and it's the best computer I've ever used :)

Also, I must second the Newegg post. They are very fast, reliable, and cheap. They even gave me a free hat with my motherboard and a shirt with my processor, and the choice for a few other things :D

Spongue Bue - Thats kind of the same spec I'm aiming to build my computer to, but I'm not starting until next summer, so I'll probably change.

Back