Zombie Games

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
We've gotten some great versions of flash games and even get an amazing tower defense game but one popular kind of flash game is missing- zombie games. like the kind you can find at http://www.killthezombies.com . something like endless zombie rampage (which reminds me of crimsonland) or boxhead or the last stand would be great. something where you are shoting a horde of zombies and can either pick or automatically get a bunch of upgrades. these gams are so fun i'd love to see something like this on the gp2x.

also what ever happened to the zombiepox port?

jbrodack said:
also what ever happened to the zombiepox port?
I know that namco's still working on it, he's asked some allegro-related questions recently in the development forum. But, he's got his own life to live and I don't want to push him on it... he'll get around to it, I'm sure. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
haha i didn't even know that was it's own genre.

have you tried c-dogs? not quite the same thing, but still very cool.

off-topic: if you instead want one of those "club the penguin" distance games, i think the quiest's minigames project has something like that. in my opinion those will go down in history as the pinnacle of flash gaming :D

Aww , man, don't remind me. I had something like that in the works. It was a mix of standard zombie games and the classic Smash TV. Here's a screenshot from about one year ago:

barbarity.png

I was so happy with it, I had this neat algorithm that sorted the little guys around so that they wouldn't overlap each other, no matter how many you would spawn. :) Then my hard drive crashed, and I lost the source code and graphics :( I planned to reuse the graphics for Sqdef, but I thought that killing people-like sprites was too violent, so I went for an abstract look.

I may come back to this sometime later on :)

I was always fond for 'Hungry are the Dead' from the GB. (homebrew)

Alex. said:
Aww , man, don't remind me. I had something like that in the works. It was a mix of standard zombie games and the classic Smash TV.

I may come back to this sometime later on :)

I was always fond for 'Hungry are the Dead' from the GB. (homebrew)

damn a zombie game from you would have been great. i have hungry are the dead on my site in the game boy rom pack if anyone else wants to try it.

another cool zombie game that comes to mind is surival crisis z. has trading and lots of weapons and stuff to buy. very open ended game.

zombie games seem to be pretty popular and its a trend im all for. http://www.undeadgames.com is another site that focuses on zombie games. though that site seems to focus more on commercial stuff.

another site dedicated to zombie flash games http://www.online-zombie-games.com/

an article on the best flash zombie games http://www.just-whatever.com/2007/07/03/to...e-zombie-games/

these are mainly the kind of games id like to see on the gp2x. a game with shooting hordes of zombies and getting upgrades. usually cool to defend something too.

oh and i've tried c-dogs and i like it and it does have some zombie levels but still not quite the same.

i would love some one to do new skins for the characters and a map editor for c-dogs....ww2 based with ruined buildings or res-evil raccoon city based environments...even black hawk down would be good .....a side scrolling counterstrike...the list of possibilities is endless with the game.....

Hey Namco, I whipped up a title screen for ZombiePox on the GP2X. Hopefully this will help to inspire you! Please feel free to give input.

I'll use that thanks!

Just need to work out my compiler problems, although i think i'm getting somewhere..... :blink:

I'm a complete zombie fanatic. Maybe I should have a go at a zombie game myself.

ruckage said:
I'm a complete zombie fanatic. Maybe I should have a go at a zombie game myself.
You're obviously more than capable of doing it all yourself, but I'd love to help with graphics if you like. :)

ruckage said:

oh hell yeah I would love that. what kind of zombie game would you make? just make sure there is shooting and upgrades and I'd be happy. actually given your track record I'd be happy with any kind of zombie game from you. make sure to keep it gory as all good zombie games should be.

rokdcasbah: I tried that and wanted to like it as its like phobia which i like but the controls suck and it was a quick port that never got any updates.

A high-paced side-scrolling zombie game would be awesome, in which you could kill zombies with anything you find (not too much guns though, i think the beauty of zombie movies are improvised weapons). Like some 2d version of "Dead rising" :D I'd love to do one some day (at least the graphics) if i ever have the time and opportunity.

Fleschasmer has a level where you must walk through city full of zombies. There also some soldiers that trying to kill both you and zombies.the game opensouce and level editor is released.

Since the game is some sort of hardcore, to see the zombie level just launch in editor mode, select level 9, and press "disable EE runtime". Or use some sort of trainer, otherwise lvl 1 character is a meat here

I know on the GP32 Quiests minigame project had a zombie game, did this never get ported to the GP2x?

ak_ said:
A high-paced side-scrolling zombie game would be awesome, in which you could kill zombies with anything you find (not too much guns though, i think the beauty of zombie movies are improvised weapons). Like some 2d version of "Dead rising" :D I'd love to do one some day (at least the graphics) if i ever have the time and opportunity.

i have a load of back ground screen shots of resident evil 2 streets...if you want them for including in a game...

Back