Zodiac Vs Gp32

But no doubt the Zodiac will get great emulators in the future. Even if they are not free,

You make "them not being free" sound like a bad thing! Its NOT! I would most certainly rather pay for emulators than get them free.
At the GBAz forums, you get upto the minute information, the authors are there answering questions about new releases, bugs, etc... There is no fear of them quitting half way though to goto a different platform, or fear that they just wont find time to work on the emulator. Etc...

Where as here, we wonder daily if the emu authors quit, of they abandoned ship, if they are even planning on releasing a new version, and if they are, will it come out this year? (proof of this is in the _many_ topics that ask those very same questions over and over again)

If I have to pay for that assurance, I welcome it.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 30 2004 at 08:46 PM said:
But no doubt the Zodiac will get great emulators in the future. Even if they are not free,

You make "them not being free" sound like a bad thing! Its NOT! I would most certainly rather pay for emulators than get them free.
At the GBAz forums, you get upto the minute information, the authors are there answering questions about new releases, bugs, etc... There is no fear of them quitting half way though to goto a different platform, or fear that they just wont find time to work on the emulator. Etc...

Where as here, we wonder daily if the emu authors quit, of they abandoned ship, if they are even planning on releasing a new version, and if they are, will it come out this year? (proof of this is in the _many_ topics that ask those very same questions over and over again)

If I have to pay for that assurance, I welcome it.
I never said paying for emulators would be bad. You cut off my quote right before I said...
But no doubt the Zodiac will get great emulators in the future. Even if they are not free, I would not mind paying for a really good emulator which people are actively working on as opposed to waiting months or even years to see if the free emulators get updated.

Paying for an emulator gives you the power to BITCH all you want and COMPLAIN all you want because you paid for a product. Compare that to us having to suck up to any FREE emulator author because we fear that if we say anything negative about his work he might stop working on it. Or waiting years to see if GPengine ever gets save states.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drumaster is a GP32 fanboy spreading FUD and misinformation, and hasn't got a clue about technology at all.

Don't listen to the idiot.

Surely it is possible to use the extra RAM for RAM purposes? I know for sure on my PoketPC, I even get a slider that lets me define how much of my internal RAM I am using for Storage, and how much I am using for System Memory.

Daz_Genetic posted on Mar 31 2004 at 03:07 PM said:
Surely it is possible to use the extra RAM for RAM purposes? I know for sure on my PoketPC, I even get a slider that lets me define how much of my internal RAM I am using for Storage, and how much I am using for System Memory.
It is, thats one of the reasons behind having that extra ram. When the battery is depleted, the data is lost, but if you just connect it up to a charger on a regular basis, that will never happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back