Zodiac Now Has A Playstation Emulator

It Got Foreign Act Of The Year In The National Japanese Music Awards Though For Eyes On Me- wow i did not know that

and one winged angel imo is the best final fantasy song ever...yes EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goemon4 posted on Sep 28 2005 at 09:57 PM said:
It Got Foreign Act Of The Year In The National Japanese Music Awards Though For Eyes On Me- wow i did not know that

and one winged angel imo is the best final fantasy song ever...yes EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah well we are talking about the best game not the best soundtrack, and to be honest I thought that most of the FF8 soundtrack was better than the FF7 one.
FF7 has always seemed a little kiddy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats so kiddy about living in slums, being stabbed though the heart, being Genetically modified and being torn apart by your mind.

It's a widely accepted fact that FF7 is far more loved than FF8 which drew a ton of criticism despite it's artistic merits, the only thing really going for it is that there are more prettyboy characters.

FF7 rule. FF8 does too IMO. FF8 is the first ff on the psx I played (generally, FF5 emulated was my first FF)

One winged angel rules. :p
The black mages rule even more, gotta love FF6 Dancing Mad version by them.

Oh yeah, FF7 has almost no moogles (In a summoning with chocobo, I remember), and bright colors? In some pieces, but not over the whole game, generally it's pretty dark.

FF9 was kiddie, that's true. Cute and happy story, no real dramatic and heavvy stuff.

Draken posted on Sep 29 2005 at 06:15 PM said:
FF7 rule. FF8 does too IMO. FF8 is the first ff on the psx I played (generally, FF5 emulated was my first FF)

Oh yeah, FF7 has almost no moogles (In a summoning with chocobo, I remember), and bright colors? In some pieces, but not over the whole game, generally it's pretty dark.

FF9 was kiddie, that's true. Cute and happy story, no real dramatic and heavvy stuff.
I'd say FF9 was the scariest of the lot.
I generally think that FF8 has a much better storyline than FF7.

Goity posted on Sep 29 2005 at 06:32 PM said:
Draken posted on Sep 29 2005 at 06:15 PM said:

I'd say FF9 was the scariest of the lot.
I generally think that FF8 has a much better storyline than FF7.
Yeah, thats what I thought. And I generally meant that F7 was more kiddy as it just seems slightly like the sort of thing you like when you are really young ie. Clouds huge sword, Being in the Army.
And yes the animation is cutesy.

Keep in mind that before FF7 the last game was FF6 on the SNES which to date stands as one of THEE more beloved FF games yet. The characters were all tiny super deformed chataracters that emoted by flashing between two frames or bouncing around the screen. FF7 might have looked simple but it still conveyed a lot of emotion. It was no more "kiddy" than 6 was and 6 kicked 8's ass.

Alpha2 posted on Sep 30 2005 at 08:37 PM said:
Keep in mind that before FF7 the last game was FF6 on the SNES which to date stands as one of THEE more beloved FF games yet. The characters were all tiny super deformed chataracters that emoted by flashing between two frames or bouncing around the screen. FF7 might have looked simple but it still conveyed a lot of emotion. It was no more "kiddy" than 6 was and 6 kicked 8's ass.
I'f you're a sci-fi freak who buys re-release star trek dvds

And the over indulgent angst and randomly nonsensical love story of 8 is supposed to be better? Yeah, you probably DO need to see a shrink Goit.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 1 2005 at 03:07 AM said:
And the over indulgent angst and randomly nonsensical love story of 8 is supposed to be better? Yeah, you probably DO need to see a shrink Goit.
So a ridiculously dated story about a clown of death is?

Jarska333 posted on Oct 1 2005 at 05:54 PM said:
Geh? :huh: Now I'm lost.

Or do you mean Kefka? :unsure:
how many other clowns of death are there? unless you mean coco, but he wasn't in any FFs.
Speaking of which, wtf is a shrink? damn americanisms

They get the crazy outta ya, make ya sane!

Deathclowns aside the story is still one of the more straightforward ones before the rash of memory impaired anti-heroes from 7 8 and 10. But the discussion was about 7 being better than 8 which it was, the characters and events were more memorable and the story was more in tune with what FF games have offered in the past.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 01:27 AM said:
They get the crazy outta ya, make ya sane!

Deathclowns aside the story is still one of the more straightforward ones before the rash of memory impaired anti-heroes from 7 8 and 10. But the discussion was about 7 being better than 8 which it was, the characters and events were more memorable and the story was more in tune with what FF games have offered in the past.
Move with the times.
FF8 had te better story. For instance, how everything was linked, and the fact that it didn't need to kill a character to make it memorable.
Whereas FF7 just changed it's storyline every 5 seconds, and kept contradicting itself.

Goity posted on Oct 1 2005 at 04:55 PM said:
how many other clowns of death are there? unless you mean coco, but he wasn't in any FFs.
Speaking of which, wtf is a shrink? damn americanisms

Pennywise for one thing.

He floats, they all float and when you're down here YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!!!!

Closer to the subject Chrono Cross had a killer clown (yes she WAS evil)

Back