Znax Gp2x Released

joyrider

Website
www.willemssoft.be
Willems Soft / Joyrider finally released Znax for the gp2x.
Znax is a remake of a game by Nick Kouvaris. It is a sort of puzzle / arcade game where you as the player need to select 4 blocks of the same color and form rectangles as big as you can. By doing this you will erase all blocks in this square and they will be replaced by new blocks. You keep on doing this till the time runs out, and try to gain your highest score possible. There are two game modes, Relative timer and fixed Timer, in the first mode you'll also gain extra time for deleting blocks so you can play longer if you are fast enough. With the second mode you don't get extra time for deleting blocks but just points added to your score so here you try to get the highest amount of points in the given time period. The game Has support for up to 25 additional mod or ogg music files and skin support !

here's a screenshot :
znax1.jpg

you can download the game here
More info and screenshots here

nice release, thanks. you are pretty active anyway :) i enjoy most of your releases! keep up the nice work.

btw... a znax gba version is available too which has been entered into pdrc 3.667 - results and entries this weekend :)

Maybe it's my GP2X (or perhaps I'm just getting old and my eyes are starting to go), but the orange and purple blocks were a lot harder to distinguish while playing than they are in the screenshot above.

I enjoyed playing, though...thanks!

thanks all for the replies :)

about the purple and orange color, did u by any chance use the brightness or gamma changer tool ? or perhaps it's due to the lcd display i have a mk 1 and the colors are just as in the screenshot above with me :)
i have no mk2 to test it on so i can't see it for myself if that would be the problem :)

Color Problems? Hm, I have an MK2 and I know his screen-problems, but with the nice little Colour Correction Tool the MK2 Colours looking like the MK1 ones, very useful for many Emulators. :) I wish I had the tool earlier, had saved many hours in skin making I had to spend, to have equal looking colours on the MK2 Screen likt the originals on PC. ^^"""

I know this kind of game here from an PC Flash-version, nice and interesting Game-concept, new for me, I will test the GP2X Version of course. :)

EDIT: Played, somewhat around 30000pts in variable time mode, I don't know if this is good. ^^
Cool music, usualy I don't like Music in Puzzle games but these one is very relaxing. ^^
Is there a way to use upper case letters in the scoreboard?
Had tested Game with and without Colour Correction Tool. With its much better but there could be another colour instead of orange, something more seperate colour. The red and Orange are really a little bit close together. :)

trooper said:
The colours black or white could be used ?.

Trooper
Too dominant compared to the other colours I think. Meybe an deep purple could fit in to replace the orange, this would require an light blue instead of the current blue to have an maximum contrast in these blue shades. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice simple game, and like others, some of the colors don't stand out from each other. Maybe as well as colors have shapes. Blue squares, red circles, orange triangles, ect ect. Or do a mash up and use the animals from Tile Match.

Great job so far, hope to see it tweaked a little.

Back