Your Votes in the [ New Pandora Use ] Category

What is your favorite [ New Pandora Use ] among the entries below ?

• uPIM by commander-beef

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Mer Operating System demonstration by cxl000

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Printrun by PtitSeb

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Die! Zombie App Killer by commander-beef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SWI-Prolog by _wb_

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • 3doh by Ekianjo

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Flashenv by crow_riot

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • BitMessage by PtitSeb

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Bard Storyteller by awbcmu

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Courserian by Ekianjo

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • BaGoMa by Ekianjo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quite Universal Circuit Simulator by Canseco

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

It is hard to choose between the circuit simulator and flashenv. But I choosed flashenv :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Flashenv / Repo

Description:

Flashenv allows you to play flash games without the need of a browser

Comment by crow_riot:

I've made flashenv just out of interest, not to play flash games, but to learn something. Thats the main reason I pick my projects is learning. I wanted to see to see if it's technically possible to take the flashplugin out of the browser and still make it work to play games. So flashenv actually implements parts of the Netscape Plugin API side (which the browser usually provides) to communicate with the flash plugin. Additionally I've added key remapping, which makes it possible to map keys on a per game basis to pandora controls, and a way to redirect drawing to framebuffer for hardware up- and downscaling.

msg-3891-0-13073200-1392107935.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/797hQ_KvuAM?feature=oembed

Great work!

Some of these are a bit out of my area of knowledge, like 3D printer language, Circuit Simulator, Prolog, but they do seem really great tools for anyone who needs such utilities.

Really good to see such varied stuff.

I love Bard Storyteller though, I like to have things read to me :) Audiobooks over reading. I imagine I'll use this a fair bit and will probably get through more ebook stories now as I tend not to make time to read them but would listen to them whilst doing other things, even when driving to work.

Could do with a few more voice options, though I find the included ladies voice pretty clear to understand. This is a nice little utility to have

Time to vote now!

In this category it's quite clear where my vote goes - since I asked explicitly for this ;) .

But there's still a lot of stuff to try in the other categories...

I'm going with Bard. I like stuff read back to me. Readplease, Speakonia and balabolka are my favourite softwares for that, but they are all windows (through wine). Bard is exactly what I need to not spend time ogg'ing text.

Pronunciation is ok-ish. I liked the fact that the PND is on the official website of them.

It was really hard to choose. What is not to like about being able to calculate 2^640? Or teaching my kid electricity foundations with the Qucs circuit simulator, or coursera. Of course, there is stuff I feel I can not rate because it goes way above my head, like the 3d printing and a new os... I know that stuff is hard work to get it working, good job all.

The competition seems to be fierce for the second and third places... just a reminder that you have until March 5th (wednesday) 11:59 UTC to vote! not much time left!

Final scores at 11:59 PM UTC:

1. Flashenv by Crow_riot -> easy victory with 26 votes :)

2. Printrun by PtitSeb -> 8 votes

2. uPIM by Commander-Beef -> 8 votes

Judges will be needed for 2/3 place since we have two entries with 8 votes each. 

I will gather between 5 to 10 judges (the identity will be kept secret until they deliberate) and ask them to make a decision on how to resolve the tie. 

Once they deliberated, their identity will be disclosed and I will get comments as much as possible from them on their motivations for one or the other choices. 

Anyway, well done to all winners, and no matter what position you end up with, you all well deserved a prize :)

Wohoo! Thanks for all the votes - I didn't expect to win, but it's still a great feeling :)

Back