Your pandora has been shipped

My pandora (premium upgrade) just arrived! There was no shipping notice, which is weird. The battery was empty (0%) when it got here, so it's now leeching electricity :)

Mine arrived in the mail at 0% charge also. Had me worried but so far the battery has been fine.

Do you have any idea what caused this? It it more likely to be that some batteries were not charged properly before shipping, or that some units undergo a more rapid discharge cycle when not in use?

EDIT: Removed doubled-post

The discharge rate seems pretty darn good (slow discharge rate). Unlike sony products...My PSP and my friends sony point and shoot camera batteries usually discharge after only a week, even when not in use!

I got my Pandora yesterday (premium upgrade), and I'm *very* pleased with it. Both shoulder buttons are excellent and equal, the nubs are buttery smooth (although I'm not a fan of analog nubs), dpad is excellent, keyboard is much nicer than I expected, the volume control is awesome, speakers are good / headphones are amazing, WiFi and BT both working very well (using a Think Outside BT travel mouse... nice), the screen is quite good (not the best I've used, but very good), battery life is great but the low power mode could be better... overall the hardware is quite excellent.

I do have some issues here and there with various emulators. The audio in Vice keeps blowing up with an overflow error, which is disappointing as that's the #1 use for me. I'm confident this can be (or already is) fixed. The difference in control, UI, and exit methods for the various emulators is a little frustrating. I was optimistically hopeful that we'd end up a more standardized emulator set with the long and open development of the Pandora. Very minor complaint though as everything seems to be working quite well for the most part and I've spent many hours playing games from several systems already (C64, NES, SNES, Genesis, MAME, DOSBox, and UQM).

I'm very excited about the future of this platform. I'm excited about the future of Pandora 1 software, and I'm excited about the future of a possible Pandora 2 (there's that optimism again).

Glad to see another happy user in the community! A few things:

- Low power mode has been widely debated over, improvements will come with time.

- Re. nubs: They might not be particularly useful for the games us seem to focus on, but playing PSX or N64 games with a keyboard or simliar just ain't the the same. Also it saves having to take the stylus out to use the mouse accurately.

- No idea about the Vice problem, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Re. nubs: They might not be particularly useful for the games us seem to focus on, but playing PSX or N64 games with a keyboard or simliar just ain't the the same. Also it saves having to take the stylus out to use the mouse accurately.

The nubs are growing on me. They are very smooth and using them for mouse control works quite well. So well, in fact, that in just 1 short day of use I rarely use the stylus outside of dosbox.

Really hope I can find an answer to the Vice issue I'm having. I'd have bought the Pandora if the C64 was the only system it emulated. :p

The nubs are growing on me. They are very smooth and using them for mouse control works quite well. So well, in fact, that in just 1 short day of use I rarely use the stylus outside of dosbox.

Really hope I can find an answer to the Vice issue I'm having. I'd have bought the Pandora if the C64 was the only system it emulated. :p

I'd suggest creating a new thread, lest this one get derailed. Also, most of the people who could probably help you don't tend to read these general threads.

In the meantime, you could also try looking for info on the other forums.

Woooooop! Pandora has arrived home, (UPS shipping still says import scan), but I am at work :(

Pandora is awesome, everything checks out ok... love it! I do however have my 32GB SD card stuck in the 2nd slot, doesn't popout. I am too excited to worry about it right now, will deal with it later.

Woooooop! Pandora has arrived home, (UPS shipping still says import scan), but I am at work :(
My UPS tracking says that my Pandora is out for delivery but I'm stuck at work too. I'm hoping that UPS has some deliveries for my workplace and then I'll beg the delivery guy for my pandora.

Pandora is awesome, everything checks out ok... love it! I do however have my 32GB SD card stuck in the 2nd slot, doesn't popout. I am too excited to worry about it right now, will deal with it later.

You will be able to gently get it out, some newer SD cards are larger than the SD spec and don't fit very well. A few people have emailed me about this.

You will be able to gently get it out, some newer SD cards are larger than the SD spec and don't fit very well. A few people have emailed me about this.

I assume that it is just the plastic moulding of the cards that are larger than spec, in which case you should be able to *carefully* trim or file down the card itself. Alternatively, you could just wait for it to naturally wear down after many insert/remove cycles, if it worries you that much.

And stand well back. These things can pack a real punch.

Got my Pandora (Premium Upgrade) today.

All in all it's great, Internet works just fine after I set the DNS up manually (just entered 8.8.8.8, have to change this again, don't want Google DNS), carry case fits more or less well.

But I would really like the lid to stay somewhere at maybe 100° instead of 180. While not using the touchscreen it stays where I want it to, but I can't to much without using the touchscreen now and again.

I assume that it is just the plastic moulding of the cards that are larger than spec, in which case you should be able to *carefully* trim or file down the card itself. Alternatively, you could just wait for it to naturally wear down after many insert/remove cycles, if it worries you that much.
I would also think that it may have something to do with the label thickness possibly. Removing the SD card label may just do the trick?

But I would really like the lid to stay somewhere at maybe 100° instead of 180. While not using the touchscreen it stays where I want it to, but I can't to much without using the touchscreen now and again.
I'm serious when I say this that some people's lids are as tight as a nun and can stay in all positions.

Mine arrived on Wednesday at the local USPS branch and I picked it up yesterday (as with my iCP, it was sent registered mail so I needed to personally sign for it, so it couldn't just be left at my residence with me not home). I don't remember my exact original order date & time though (but I know it was sometime on day two since I slept on preordering after it went live before deciding to follow through on it). On top of that, I was affected by the whole payment fiasco thing and had to wire payment later on after being refunded, etc., and it wasn't real clear to me if / how that affected my position in the queue (but based on me receiving my Pandora, my original position must have been maintained :) ).

I haven't messed around with it too much yet but my early impressions are extremely positive and I can definitely tell that probably my favorite feature will actually end up being its absurdly good battery life. :D

I am happy to report that I have received mine on 4/14/2011 via UPS.

Back