Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Master System

• Nes

• Others

• Total voters

Someone should do a home computer pole for us oldsters. Rather than just saying 'others' I think you lot forget just how important the likes of the Spectrum ,ST, Amiga and C64 etc were to the games industry.

voted other cause Xbox aint there

the Xbox is the most diverse beast of a console around, i love my GP, but the Xbox owns it for emu's, even if it dont fit in my pocket (or suitcase for that matter lol)

GP32 doesn't really belong in the poll, not simply because it is most widely considered an emulation machine and is thus more similar to PC's and Palms, but due to the natural bias of a GP32 forum's members, it's bound to steal votes when it's more interesting to see what consoles people are playing on their Gameparks.

Like blipped, I voted for SNES, for typical reasons like Super Street Fighter 2, Super Mario Kart, Super Ghouls and Ghosts, Super Bomberman, and several other Supers, plus great sequels in the Mario, Zelda, and Punchout series.

I grew up first on Nintendo's NES, and while I believe NES had more good games than SNES, for each one of those good games there were fifty more utter crap titles that slipped under Nintendo's ridiculous Seal of Quality. When all the Double Dragons were checked out, being a kid at the rental place was a frustrating experience back then. Oh, and reading Nintendo Power sure as hell couldn't help.

1 - PS(X) (bought 2 days after it came out + Ridge Racer + Toshinden ... it was unbelievable!)
2 - SNES (this was the real Nintendo console)
3 - Mega Drive (alias Genesis)
4 - Gameboy (GB = toilet-gaming *)
5 - NeoGeoCD (I couldn't believe I was playing KOF94 at home! *)
6 - XBox (my god! The perfect hardware!)
7 - PS2 (my god! The console of the sequels! ...and missing anti-aliasing #_O)
8 - Saturn (poor SEGA...)
9 - N64 (this is a good guy, but... with a "but")
10 - Dreamcast (poor SEGA)
11 - GBA (GOTO 4)
12 - NeoGeoPC (RIP)
13 - GP32 (beurgh! What the hell are these games?!)

Is 13 an unlucky number?

I can't vote a console for the emulators that run on them, it is ridiculous :(
GP32 is a dull console for commercial games (because of the games, not the hardware), but a wonderful mini-computer. If we consider the homebrew scene I should compile a very different classification.

* = sorry for XBox, but I played this a lot more

khephren posted on May 28 2004 at 10:02 AM said:
Someone should do a home computer pole for us oldsters. Rather than just saying 'others' I think you lot forget just how important the likes of the Spectrum ,ST, Amiga and C64 etc were to the games industry.
Why knock take it back a big for the rest of us elders - 3D Monster Maze on the ZX81 - who needs Doom III ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to choose dreamcast. I feel proud of my 250+ dreamcast game collection. Fills many cd racks and cardboard boxes. After dreamcast would come the gamecube also for my huge collection (80+). Then PSX mainly for the final fantasies (literally hundreds of hours on 7,8, and 9). Then the XBOX for replacing my computer (I'm typing this on one now).

1. N64
2. GameCube
3. Snes
4. Dreamcast
Last: PS1. I have over 100 games for it and I only actually like 2 of them.

Nintendo pwns! :ph34r:

PS: Nice Sigur Ros avatar, britishseapoweruk

Maybe i'm a Sega fan but ... my favourites are:

Megadrive
Dreamcast
Gp32 (ups, gp32 is not Sega, jaja)

Aiken

1. XBOX (opened up a world of exploration for me) Plus it's got some amazing titles.
2. Gp32 and GBA, there's always this class about handheld gaming, especially when you can emulate all of the retro consoles.
3. PSX
4. PS2
5. Super Nintendo <- amazing console as far as titles go.. however, I've got it running on my PC, XBOX and GP32.

Back