Your Browser Extensions

BWF89

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
What browser do you use and what extensions or themes do you have installed on it and why do you like them?

Firefox 1.5
The default theme

Bookmark Backup 0.3.3
Backs up all your stuff

ChatZilla 0.9.69
It's an IRC client built right into my browser. How convenient.

ChromEdit 0.1.1.1
Allows me to edit Firefox's UserChrome.css, UserContent.css, User.js, and Prefs.js files right from my browser.

Disable Targets for Downloads 1.0
You know those blank white screens you get when your going to download something? This gets rid of them.

DOM Inspector 1.8
I haven't gotten around to needing to use this yet.

Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1
Gives me more preferences for the download manager. My favorite is that it lets me have keep it open in a tab instead of a new window.

MR Tech Local Install 4.0
Adds tons of configurability to Firefox.

NoScript 1.1.3.4
Blocks websites from useing JavaScript unless I give it permission.

Talkback 1.5
If Firefox crashes this lets me report the problem.

Get Download Statusbar, you can't live without it! Also useful is Forcastfox, no need to look out of the window anymore! Since I finally got into tabbed browsing, I need Tab Mix Plus and PageStyle2Tab to tweak my preferences and make it look more awesome. Googlebar and the Gmail Notifier are must haves. For fun I have got the Terrorism Threat Level and the 1337 Key 7h47 m4k35 m3 7yp3 |1k3 7h15. Of course I've got about 20 more extensions installed but I think these are some of the most important ones.

Web Developer extension is INVALUABLE to any web designer/developer, it really is one of the most used tools on my computer. You do need to reinstall your browser with DOM Inspector enabled for it to work fully though.

Firefox 1.5
untitled3kc.png

BWF89 posted on Dec 9 2005 at 04:13 PM said:
Disable Targets for Downloads 1.0
You know those blank white screens you get when your going to download something? This gets rid of them.
That really screws up sites with not opening windows if it originally loads with the header of about:blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rayek posted on Dec 11 2005 at 11:23 AM said:
Maxthon.

No need for browser extensions :)
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't maxthon just a nicer looking internet explorer? I mean, its still using microsofts crappy browser at its core, right?

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 13 2005 at 12:13 AM said:
Rayek posted on Dec 11 2005 at 11:23 AM said:
Maxthon.

No need for browser extensions :)
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't maxthon just a nicer looking internet explorer? I mean, its still using microsofts crappy browser at its core, right?

Is that so? So it's just a container that IE works in? That sucks! Fuck Maxthon!

Okay, I'm still keeping it.

I'm one step away from trying Opera though.

Back