You favourite nubs, L-R buttons setup?

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
How did you configure your L-R & nubs, input devices?

I use:

L - left mouse button

R - right mouse button

left nub - mouse scrolling

right nub - mouse movement

I got very used to this.

I don't like the mouse buttons on the shoulder buttons as I prefer to use them for modifiers instead (e.g. shift and Fn).

Unfortunately my left shoulder button is wonky, so I can't assign any common function to it. Hence, I'm still using the default setup.

I started some work on a keyboard editor to facilitate experimenting with this, but spare time is limited and Tickles put quite some pressure on me in the offline gaming competition. So I haven't made much progress on it yet.

I think the ABXY would make great mouse buttons, however due to the silly way most applications bind to the gaming buttons (PgUp,PgDn,Home/End) this will probably require a toggle-able (togglable?) solution.

I'm still using the stock settings. I don't particularly love it, but I guess if it was that bad I would have changed it by now! I'll get around to trying other stuff some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the default settings with the left nub as the mouse and the right nub as left-click, right-click, middle-click, and double-click. Accordingly, this is what I use. :p It's the closest equivalent to the TrackPoint pointing devices that I've ever seen, aside from said devices themselves (I'm a big, big fan of TrackPoints).

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm a lefty and Shift-Drag didn't work well for me and my southpaw to drag windows around when they extend the size of the screen, I remapped the Right shoulder to allow me to drag windows around. I've left everything else default. I prefer the stylus for pointing about half the time. To launch apps, I use Pandora button+dpad+Enter to navigate the start button.

How did you configure your L-R & nubs, input devices?

I use:

L - left mouse button

R - right mouse button

left nub - mouse scrolling

right nub - mouse movement

I got very used to this.
Hey, that setup was my idea! I found the thread where I proposed my idea on the other forums once. I wish there was an easy gui way to switch to that, then again I have not used either so I don't know which is better.

Back