Yogg Static... More Info

mth411

I've been playing more songs on Yogg, the ogg vorbis player.
I don't like mp3 format as it is 2X larger for the same quality or more.

Ogg vorbis files off the internet sometimes click or have static noises every dozen seconds or so.

I took these same songs and using dbpoweramp (which uses the new vorbis 1.01 encoder) reencoded them with and without normalization.

Normalization seems to fix the songs off the web that I play, yet my own cd encodes have even worse static with the same program, and this seems to be a timing sensative issue. It makes a large crackle every 5 seconds, even though pc playback is fine.

Is the next Yogg going to address this, is this an issues with vorbis 1.01 encoder?

Does anyone here use dbPoweramp for their songs? Simular issues?

mth411

I use dbpoweramp and I don't have any problem.
I encode my mp3 into ogg at 80 kB/s.

What is normalization? :)

Never had any problems at all....

Normalization is the flattening of the volume range of a track, bringing it to a specific range. It makes the quieter parts slightly louder and the louder parts quieter. Several tracks normalized to the same level will sound approximately the same volume.

I dont use it - I want to hear the track how it was intended, not buggered about with by my PC.

divadsci posted on Apr 11 2004 at 06:17 PM said:
i only get clicks when i bring it down to 44kb/s mono. normalising gets rid of most of these though
Ditto here, raise it to 64/68 or somtin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back