Craigamp - New Winamp Clone

more formats will be great like lossless formats (FLAC, APE, AAC...).

It is likely CraigAmp will be in firmware 3.0, I'm thinking of having a little skin making competition with maybe Retail BOB, Payback & Vektar as the prizes.

Would people be interested? It would mean the skins had to be 'all new' and not ripped, to be included with the firmware.

Let me know what you think.

Shikaku posted on Oct 31 2006 at 05:30 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Oct 30 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
I am under the impression that he is the same user that posted anime pictures with the text "HOW MAKE WORK EMULATOR IS GAME!".

He get's no respect from me.

No, this guy speaks better english than that guy, and plus that other guy is from Canada.
I retract my statements then.

Sorry strange person, I thought you were someone else.

I don't like the other person as he kept posting for PC games to be made to run in DrMD.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it can be anything, as i'll likely include maybe 10 skins.

3.0 will have a new interface on booting anyway, so they can look however you like.

Firmware 3.0? :blink: Please tell more! And on the topic, your program is great! :D Playlist creation is the only thing that I am waiting for!

craigix posted on Oct 31 2006 at 10:00 AM said:
No, it can be anything, as i'll likely include maybe 10 skins.

3.0 will have a new interface on booting anyway, so they can look however you like.
ooooh. Im guessing 3.0 is in the design phase right now to totally scrap the default menu?

Hey,

Good start. I does however lock up constantly for me. If I delete the music.raw file it will start up and work for a little then lock up again. Keep up the good work I look forward to future editions.

I've never seen it lock up and no one else has reported this, could you go into more detail? Maybe about your mp3's?

i get the same thing, i have a problem with some of my cd's (mostly my INDK cd which works fine with the gp2x's music player) but it crashes craigamp...and the music.raw thing too, it seems to creat one as soon as i quit it, its anoying but nothing to bad (mabey you could find a way to prevent it?)

I'm not sure what the music.raw is, it is obviously something to do with SDL on the GP2X.

Do you think you could send me an mp3 which crashes the player? I've left my collection playing for over 24 hours with no crashes.

I'm not sure what the music.raw is, it is obviously something to do with SDL on the GP2X.

Do you think you could send me an mp3 which crashes the player? I've left my collection playing for over 24 hours with no crashes.

sure ill send it later (im at school now) and i dont have any problems with my other music either (its just this one cd)

Piracy alert!!! :p

policeofficerfc8.jpg

I'd like to try some skins for craigamp. Where can I get them? Is there at all a chance I can use classic winamp skins that I use for my pc?

Edit: I'm a fucktard.

Mine does even allow me to get to the music anymore. It all started when I changed the skin. I changed it to one of the encluded skins and it locked up and since then every time I start it, it locks up. I have deleted it and reinstalled it and it still locks up. Let me know if there is any other info you think might be helpful.

Probably be better if it decoded directly to memory instead of to a 'music.raw' file... IMO SDL_mixer should be dumped for SDL_audio+whatever decoders that need to be used. Also would probably get lower CPU usage this way, since I think SDL_mixer uses floating-point decoders.

Back