Yo Is Snes Really That Bad

when used to snes on gp32 you wont really notice the slightly low speed, but now I have a gp2x it just plays a whole lot nicer :) (especially with sound).

yaustar posted on Mar 28 2006 at 01:32 AM said:
Tobriand, this is the GP32 section ;)
SquidgeSnes doesn't exist on the GP32

Oops - that'll teach me not to look at the forum a thread is in having got there from the front page :rolleyes:

In which case, imagine a 1st gen SNES emu on a 75MHz PC and you're pretty close... jerky, but playable - just forget about bells and whistles like transparencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tru dat. Even if the start/select buttons were used as additional buttons (i.e. X & Y), it would be extremely awkword! :p

However, you rarely need all of SNES's buttons at once. At least everything's fine in F-Zero, DKC, and SMW.

- Alex

To be honest, i played through the whole chrono trigger for the very first time on my gp32 with os9xgp 0.3

word to my grandma

Here are some videos I made of Donkey Kong Country 2, Zelda LTTP, and Super Mario World running at 166mhz FS2 w/ sound (With my FLU):
DKC 2
LTTP
SMW

(I tossed them together really quickly so the quality isn't exactly the best, but you should get the general idea of where SNES emulation currently is; each video is about 80-90 seconds long and was shot using my digital camera)

It seems like I should overclock less, I currently run at 184Mhz FS2 w/ sound, but if 166Mhz will suffice that is what I will use from now on. :)

- Alex

Back