Controller Mod

scazw

Website
Visit site
yo
i see that mashmods has stopped gp32 stuff altogether but i want a controller mod to use a snes pad as a controller.does anybody know of any tutorials for this because i would imagine it is relitivly simple to perform myself.

thanks in advance
~scazw~

open the gamepad solder wires to evrybutton, and solder that wires at the buttons in the gp where you want it

will this also give you the extra buttons?? didnt mashmods set up the controller mod so you could use the extra 2 buttons on the SNES pad ???

Vimacs posted on Sep 14 2004 at 02:59 PM said:
no this wont give you anything extra

What about if you soldered the Extra 2 Buttons to (For Example) -

A and B

AND

A and Select

Didnt the emulators that had more buttons on the controllers allow you to Map the keys so A and B would = one of the extra buttons?

Last edited by a moderator:
spray posted on Sep 14 2004 at 04:22 PM said:
os9xgp doesn't let you do that, any other apps where it's be worthwhile multi-mapping buttons?

maybe we could ask if it could be added to the next Release :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind I have the technical expertise of a squashed frog.....

Couldn't you solder a button in a way that it, when pressed, in sequence does SELECT, A, SELECT (I have no idea about this, but pictures of resistors float in my head) so that at least in OpenSNES9xGP you will practically have all buttons?

Anyway, I wouldn't want a controller on my GP32 at all.

I once emailed Mash about this:

Could you output the L and R buttons of the Gp32 to the X and Y buttons of the snes controller so you would have A, B, X and Y working?

and he replied:

Yes, that would be possibly. The control schemes are completely customizable. At the same time, you can still have the L and R of the SNES controller to be L/R of the GP32, so you would have two sets of L/R buttons.

Hope that was helpful. :)

EDIT:
Anyway, I wouldn't want a controller on my GP32 at all.
With the Mashmods mod, it was a connector in your gp32 that you could plug various controlers in to. I think you had a choice between a SEGA 9-pin connector and another connector type.

EDIT#2:
i see that mashmods has stopped gp32 stuff altogether
Mashmods.com is not complete just yet, and some of our most popular mods haven't been re-added to the site's database, but we want to know what you think so far! Please e-mail us with any questions, comments, or ideas for mods that you would like to see in the future. We appreciate all feedback, thank you.
- From the front page of Mashmods which has a GP32 on it also says:

We specialize in professional upgrades and modification for all sorts of portable gaming devices, ranging from the retired Sega Game Gear to new and promising platforms such as the GP32. ;)

Back