Gba Emulator

wolly wotsit

ad astra per alia porci
Website
Visit site
im just wondering is it worth downloaduing gp advance, i mean when yo yo decided to release open snes everybody heralded him as a hero but this has slipped out without much more than a mention, or am i not looking hard enough?

There's been a lot of talk about GBA emulation here. Basically, they're not fast enough to run commercial roms at the moment, and only run a few games. So don't expect decent GBA emulation on the gp32 yet. You can find out a lot more by searching the forums and looking at older posts.

edit: Heh, I thought I was quick, but Craig was quicker! I didn't realise what did run was actually quick though!

Have you checked the documentation with the emulator? I've not tried running it myself, but I'd guess it will tell you in there.

roms when in public domains (demos free games...) are not illegal so you can ask for them
DO NOT ASK FOR ANY COMMERCIAL ROMS

you have to put roms in gp:\gpmm\gpadv I think

see you :lol:

so will GPAdvance run the homebrewn GBA games from the competitions?

Probably not. Remember it's still pretty much alpha software. The author will let us know when a version is released that runs it's first game.

kknd_cf posted on May 26 2004 at 08:50 PM said:
taras posted on May 26 2004 at 07:17 PM said:
have you tried the website www.google.com?

it's really quite good
lmfao
:|

lmfao-quality, maybe, if it was the first time you had read that joke. 'GO CHCEK GOOGAL HAHA1337' posts are getting as repetitive as the questions themselves now.

I'm sure this guy knows how to use a search engine, and Taras is basically being a redundant asshole who really doesn't help anything.

Onto actual information instead of popularity whoring:

GPAdvance was coded specifically for a small set of homebrew roms, probably those that the homebrew author was testing it with. Same deal for ShiteGBA and VBA32. Both either didn't run commercial games or ran them very slowly. Finally we have ZardozJ's emulator which has a similar name I think, but runs a lot of roms (even F-Zero X)... just extremely slowly, again. Think 2-3 fps.

It should handle homebrew stuff, though, since such roms don't utilise particularly complex features of the GBA that haven't been emulated yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
extremegamer posted on May 26 2004 at 10:39 PM said:
so will GPAdvance run the homebrewn GBA games from the competitions?
No, it will only run some technology demos, nothing with sprites will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back