Release Yabause

Changelog says that they integrated Ari64's recompiler upstream, so you can probably just compile and run the latest source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only time will tell if this emulator will be re-released or we'll either see another one or not. I wonder if any 2D games will run as smooth as their PS1 counterparts?

I can try to compile from source and build a PND, but I already have many ongoing projects, so if someone else want do it, just say it !

Ok, fine. It's complex hardware to emulate ! Sadly I'm not sure a Dynarec is enough to have decent speed on the Pandora :(

Ok, fine. It's complex hardware to emulate ! Sadly I'm not sure a Dynarec is enough to have decent speed on the Pandora :(
Yeah, it's a massive hardware to emulate, way too complex versus the PS1 (it has a parallel processor architecture and tons of coprocessors). I doubt we ever seen any significant progress in terms of speed on the Pandora. 

Well, you never know. We just need someone to put more time into it.
It's not just "more time", it's a massive amount of time to make an optimized emulator and make it work well with great compatibility. And it's not like there are tons of people out there capable of doing that. You don't get 5 notaz' or 3 Exophase's extra to work on Yabause or a new saturn emulator. They are already very busy with their own projects, we cannot assume they will work on this next with high priority. And while there are many great games on Saturn, not sure how many people in the end would be interested to have this emulator. The PS1 had way many more titles and more support. 

Back