GP2X Xynth Windowing System

sbock posted on Feb 5 2006 at 04:38 AM said:
ffs... if people are going to use a digital camera to take photos of their GP2X, get the thing in focus! How many blurry, smudgy photos of the GP2X do we need? Are all your family photos like that? "Is that Aunt May or Uncle Bob? I can't tell because they're a blurry blob."
So show us a photo you make showing this nice work or shut up ! :angry:
I take a screenshot from within my applications, so they are pixel perfect. A few of them have been posted in these forums (porting of OpenGL-ES and TinyGL demos).

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool to see the original writer himself picked u this thread and ported xynth, niice ;) ! As far as I know the GP2X supports resolution up to 1024x so it should be possible to become xynth working with NTSC or PAL resolution without scaling up so you would actually get enough space for good productivity like on PC's 10 years ago!! :D

EDIT: I can't help it but I just see a systemload-applet, a text editor and a music player on the screen of my gp2x at the same time, now that would be just neat, real multitaksing ;D (will the 2nd cpu be implemented?) .

SOrry for my double post now but I am just trying it out and it looks awesome!!!
if the icons on the background get clickable and the windows a bit smaller resized it would be fine ;D (minimizing doesnt work?)

but really good work for that short time!!

racoon posted on Feb 13 2006 at 04:08 AM said:
....As far as I know the GP2X supports resolution up to 1024x so it should be possible to become xynth working with NTSC or PAL resolution without scaling up so you would actually get enough space for good productivity like on PC's 10 years ago!! :D

I don't mean to be a 'wet blanket', but I don't think this statement is correct. The GP2X LCD screen does not support 1024x or even 800x resollutions. I think those specs are in reference to the TV out, i can't be sure though. I am sure that the 2X will not be running Xynth at high res.

From the Wiki:
Video:
Resolution: MAX 720*480 [TV-Out]

Perhaps check the specs again before you make quotes like this. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@timbobsteve: True, the native resolution of the GP2x is 320x240 as far as i remember.
Higher res is only for tv-out

Well, I reviewed the specs of the GP2X inbuilt MagicEyes System, it DOES support resolutions up to 1024x . Of course the LCD does not, and your standard TV neither, I only mentioned 1024x to make clear that 720*480 on your TV with xynth and office apps should be possible.
So again, the GP2X does support resolutions up to 1024x , I didn't say you could actually see this anywhere now (except for other MMSP2 systems which might use this resolution).
Thanks.

Back