Xvid Encod Settings!

hercule18

Hi,

I was used to encode my movies for Gp32 with divx 4.12.I had quite good quality
for not too much megs :rolleyes: (about 1meg/min).And Yesterday my media player has updated itself and since i don't see anymore the divx 4.12 codec in vdub :angry: .

I told myself nervermind i'll use Xvid, i've used it to do some video for gp before, it'll be ok.I' put the settings nearest of those i put for 4.12.Everythings is good i obtain a video lighter and better :D .I put it in my smart, i start gpcinema spec of the video is 137kb/s (117 for the video, 20 for the sound), i told myself very good
with the divx 4.12 the bitrate was sometimes above 150 so no prob! :D .

But when i start the video the gp reboot, :eek: i change my firmware (don't ask me why), same prob but i have the mr spriv dedug.

I've been told one time that the bitrate mustn't be over 128, i make another video with a total bitrate at 125, same prob.... :blink:

I don't remember which settings i used before ( when it worked). :huh:

Could you tell me if you have the same probs? :unsure:
Coudl you give me your Xvid settings? :rolleyes:

Mine are:

-Audio:

-11005khz mono (3kbps)

Video:

Resize: 320*240
Framerate: 12.5 (25 decimate by two)
Compression Xvid:

-1 pass CBR
-Bitrate: 105
-Maximum I-Frame interval: 128
-Min I Frame quantizer : 4
-Max I Frame quantizer : 12
-Min P Frame quantizer : 4
-Max P Frame quantizer : 12

for the rest i leave the default.

Please Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!

Sure? :(

But i'm sure id one some before!! <_<

May be i'have dream of it!!

If someone else could help maybe one the Codec vanish. :ph34r:

Bye

Herc. :blink:

I've only ever used xvid and never had problems with it. Don't have my settings available, but hunt round the forum 'cos there's a site somewhere that has a very good guide on setting up and using xvid.

well, everyone tells me it's possible, but I've never succeeded in doing it with the settings I use for divx 4.12

hi,

thx for the codec ;) but i have it but it tells it's installed but i don't see it in vdub. <_<

Never Mind I used the http://www.waystation.mcmail.com/ with xvid and it works very well.
I think the quality can be optimized but it's already quite good.thnks mikepaktinat

now next question:

Could someone explain me what is the interest of using 2-pass?
then does the avi's (1rst and second pass) have to have the same name?

bye

Herc. B)

2-pass makes better quality, smaller files. It has a disadvatage though because it takes more of your time to encode them.

I don't name the first and second the same thing ever(I don't know if you can) I use the convention of say "southpark1ST.avi" and then "southpark2ND.avi"

hope that helps

Just to confirm that only a special xvid (tweaked for the gp32) works.

As for 2-passes encodes, yes it's way better, but the main pb is not the encoding time but the fact that the cpu load can vary in heavy proportions from the reference you provide the codec with. If you're at bitrates under 200, there should be no pb whatsoever, but for someone like me who encodes at 300 or more, it can cause some lag from time to time...

Back