Xgp Homepage Open

Cyclops posted on Aug 5 2005 at 03:05 PM said:
no_skill posted on Aug 5 2005 at 06:16 AM said:
but you can port 3d games with more horsepower in the machine.

you can also port more games with a dual core CPU running 400Mhz+ than One running 200Mhz. but serously what games. having a look at the more established PSP Games that has a very similar libary to OPENGL ES...Doom,Quake,Hexen,Heretic nothiing we haven't seen or expect to see on a 2D device.

similar to opengl es != opengl es.

dunno much about psp homebrew though, so i'll stfu.

but the thing with commercial-for-xgp is kinda right. if they try to make a closed psp competitor they'll painfully fail (if that's even a word).

let's see what the future brings.

for now i kinda got used to the gp enis. the name is great and the black design looks soooooo smooth (compared to the plain ugly white one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also I wouldnt trust Game Park, they said the GP32 would have net access etc and lots of commercial games but where are they ;) ;) B)
[/quote]

most companies have promised add ons which never materialise - its not just gamepark! sega, nintendo, sony have all promised peripherals which never happaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Most companies make promises based on the best of intensions... though strangly enough I can't remember a peripheral that Sega promised and never delivered... in fact they've delivered more than people actually wanted.... *sets fire to picture of 32X adapter*

More importantly, why am I bumping it now?

Amazingly, something on-topic: XGP has OpenGL support. Thus, I will port OpenGL games to it, if I get one. It'll stop that annoying 'everything uses OpenGL' annoyance that I have.

Back