Xgp Homepage Open

It seems to have a 3D accelerator though, and it supports OpenGL. Mind you, this is the one that we believe will not be an open console, so I would think that games that could be released for it would be between DS and PSP in terms of graphics.

Plus it has 64MB ram, which I really wish the gpx2 featured.

Interesting the 'GP' doesn't stand for Gamepark...... :unsure:

EDIT: *gasp* what's that in red that mentions the GP32? polooo, HELP!

You can make out some of the spec`s, Though not vastly superiour to the GPx2 apart from the wide screen, Tv-out and 64mb of ram.

I`m sticking with the GPx2.

XGP-Spec.jpg

Trooper

Did I see OpenGL-ES and TV-OUT?

...Ewww widescreen.

If GPX2 has 64mb. RAM I'll be good. Linux and everything else are bonuses.

It's almost exactly the same as GPx2.... Well, with the exception of 3d rather than 2d, extra ram, tv-out etc.

I was going to buy both of them, but now I will just buy the GPx2, that is, unless XGP comes out with some killer game that I've just got to have.

jmetal88 posted on Jul 31 2005 at 10:49 PM said:
It's almost exactly the same as GPx2.... Well, with the exception of 3d rather than 2d, extra ram, tv-out etc.

I was going to buy both of them, but now I will just buy the GPx2, that is, unless XGP comes out with some killer game that I've just got to have.
No... the gpx2 has dual 200mhz processors--not just one.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinneri posted on Aug 1 2005 at 03:51 AM said:
It's almost exactly the same as GPx2....  Well, with the exception of 3d rather than 2d, extra ram, tv-out etc.

So what controls the 3D in the XGP then. :rolleyes:

Trooper

trooper posted on Jul 31 2005 at 10:10 PM said:

Trooper
A fish :p

This hand held looks to me like it has a lot of stuff most people wont want or need like the tv out, wifi and such just more stuff to jack up the price and because its game park well more stuff to go wrong :blink:.

Bourbon

Actually this has most of the things that people have been asking for (TV-out, more ram, 3D chip, WiFi), well except for the touchscreen and 5000 MHz.

trooper posted on Aug 1 2005 at 02:38 AM said:
You can make out some of the spec`s, Though not vastly superiour to the GPx2 apart from the wide screen, Tv-out and 64mb of ram.

I`m sticking with the GPx2.

XGP-Spec.jpg

Trooper

The website doesn't work right now. It says it's under construction.

I'll translate what's written in the pic above.

--------------------------------------------

-Screen : 480 by 272, 12 million colors, 4 inch TFT LCD.
-Main CPU: ARM920T 200MHz
-Graphic accelerator: 1 million polygon per second (OpenGL-ES supported)
-Sound: 64Polys 44.1KHz, 16 bit sound
-Network: WiFi (802.11 b/g)
-Memory: 64Meg DDR SDRAM (200Mhz), 64meg NAND Flash
-External Memory : SD Card
-Battery : Li-Ion
-TV-Out

----------------------------------------------

Cheers.

trooper posted on Jul 31 2005 at 11:10 PM said:
It's almost exactly the same as GPx2....  Well, with the exception of 3d rather than 2d, extra ram, tv-out etc.

Trooper
Well, be it fish or not I wouldn't assume it's any good for emulation.

Thanks again, Polooo. And what does that red text under the specs that mention the gp32 say?

EDIT:
This:
xgp5yp.gif

Call me skeptical, but I trust gamepark holdings alot more than the silent treatment gamepark company now.

(Where's the Q&A and interviews by them? Where's the hardware changes for the public benefit? (ew at screen rez too) etc..

Only thing I see at all that this has over the GPX2 is wifi, and Gamepark Holdings hasn't really mentioned any form of multiplayer yet have they?

shinneri posted on Aug 1 2005 at 03:38 AM said:
Thanks again, Polooo. And what does that red text under the specs that mention the gp32 say?

EDIT:
This:
xgp5yp.gif

It says the design voting contest will be held off-line for next gen GP32, XGP.

Nothing relevant for people outside Korea... unless you plan to take a plane or swim there lol.

Hmmm, the PMP is beginning to sound like a more powerful device than the "extreme game player" version <_<

And the XGP probably isn't open source either...

polooo2 posted on Aug 1 2005 at 12:46 AM said:
It says the design voting contest will be held off-line for next gen GP32, XGP.

Nothing relevant for people outside Korea... unless you plan to take a plane or swim there lol.
Crap, I thought it might be about backwards compatibility. Thanks again, polooo. :)

While I was dissapointed in the specs of the GPx2, especially the lack of BC this one really seems pointless. It is like a weak PSP with no games and little support compared to Sony.

Closed system

BAH

3D GPU? Useless for emus. If I want 3D commercial games I will play my PSP.

BAH

200 MHz?

meh

Widescreen? only 4" which is smaller than PSP, and lousy for emus.

Bah

64 meg ? That is good, double the GPx2.

Overall big BAH! The GPx2 one is looking better than this for emus and HB and has a better matching screen aspect and res. So my vote would go to the GPx2.

Back