Xenon

Fzero

Advanced Member
Xenon was one of the greats IMO, played loads on my old speccy.

Hadn't realised it was the first release by Bitmap Brothers.

Some UK viewers may also remember it featuring on the ITV show Get Fresh, with that weird alien thing, where they done a phone pay to play with it.

Anyway, this seems to only exist on computers and not consoles.

I know Xenon 2 made it's release on a number of consoles but didn't the first edition ever reach a console, any console? ...not even on a 'classic games' compilation?

You could be right xenon might not be on any consoles.I wonder unless if it was available on the commodore c64 console.

Pity the bitmap brothers don't seem to have the magic anymore to make great games.I mainly played xenon 2 with the assault on precinct 13 theme tune in it.

I take the cd32 from commodore does not count right! :p

But even if did, I don´t think there was a version for it if not a compilation.

Xenon 2 was amongst the first games I had on the amiga, all my love for that.

Huh?

i need some explaining.. john carpenter as in Halloween fame?

that tune is Bomb The Bass, when I just heard that I had flashbacks to '88 sitting in my room with my casette deck playing this tune, i had no idea it was done for the xenon 2 game though..

Tbh i played the original xenon a lot but not the sequel, if i did i dont recall this tune in it

I used to love this tune too, 88 was one of the great years for music for me, i was about 12 and getting into acid house a lot, leading to my love of hardcore rave and then jungle movement.

I think im going to have to buy Xenon 2 now to enjoy the soundtrack

Just had to listen to the original again, good memories

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EgjNb-6EOYw?feature=oembed

I won't overwrite edit my above post and just add...

I just read up on this and see John Carpenter did the original back in '76 for Pricinct 13 film .. which was the year I was born incidentally, and Bomb The Bass done a remix, the tune I know, in '88

I never knew this at all.

The original is good too, just heard this on YT

Glad I found this info out, like finding out where my old fav tunes derive from

The original for the Pricinct 13

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q902i3gkGNg?feature=oembed

That link states it was also on Gambit Colour but I think that's an error and only Xenon 2 made it on that system.

Back