Xbox Boot Disc?

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
hi, my friend at work said he saw someone selling xbox boot discs on a car boot sale last weekend, ive searched online for any help and theres nothing, id love to be able to play emulators on xbox but dont really want the trouble of chipping it so this would be good if it worked, ive also heard of the soft mod you can do with some james bond game, is this hard or easy? any help would be appreciated, thanks

Just buy a mod-chip from the xbox-scene site. There are many non-solder chips arround. They you'll be able to play online and play pirated games, but that games can't be played online.

Yeah, go for a softmod, if you have a friend with an xbox that can play backups, convince him to put the save on a memory card for you, and get hold of the one game you're using the save for (can be used with Mechwarrior, 007 or Splinter Cell), copy the save to your hard drive, attempt to use the save with the required game, then you get a menu and go ahead and install the softmod.
Now, if this isn't possible for you, and you still want a free method, there's hotswapping, this involves taking the top off your xbox, turning it on, then just before it boots into the MSDASH, take the hard drive IDE cable out and plug the xbox hard drive into your PC, then booting up a CD on your PC, and you have several options here, copy a savegame accross (I did that my first time) or use one of those softmod builders that'll format it directly onto the hard drive so there are no more steps.

Anyway, good luck!

sand_man posted on Aug 4 2006 at 11:39 PM said:
I TSOP'd mine. It's easy and I know fuck all about soldering.
Did you install a bigger HD too? Which BIOS and Dashboard did you use? I'm probably going to be doing this myself here soon so I'm wondering what will be the best way to play "backups" and emulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've modded my xbox. I have a 160gb replacement drive and I run a xenium sp.ice chip with xbmc as a dashboard. Very simple to install and cheap. Go to www.xbox-scene.com for useful tutorials.

With the james bond game I believe it's only the early versions of agent under fire that it works with.

I've had mine softmodded about a year ago and have a 160GB hard drive in it i'll probably get a bigger one soon i've nearly filled it

I should probably add I replaced my hard drive too, put a spare 40GB in that I had lying around. That's pretty easy to do too, once your xbox is softmodded, get the eeprom backup, combine it with xboxhdm, and you'll have a disc able to unlock and lock hard drives to your xbox.

I also heard that only the original splinter cell vesions would work, but I myself have had no problems with a platinum version.

Back