Gp2x Won't Boot

markdj

Still Fresh
Hello there,

Can anyone help me? I have searched the forums, and although I found a similar topic, I'm not entirely sure about what I am doing, so forgive me if I am asking exactly the questions as other people.

The story goes thus: I first received my GP2X and installed an emulator and a couple of games on the NAND, which seemed to work fine. I ran out of room on the NAND, so formatted it to start afresh (I understand that this re-formatted the 29 odd Mb of the editable partition); this seemed to be fine, as it booted in to the main menu with no problems. I had to then format it from my computer, and since I am using a Mac, I used the MS-DOS FAT16 utility to be able to recognise it. Although I understand that FAT32 is normally used, FAT16 seemed to be ok, and I had it up and running a couple of new games again with no trouble. The batteries shortly ran out (or that's what it seemed), so I replaced them and...it wouldn't boot up. All it does now is click and the screen flashes slightly with vertical lines.

Have I done something drastically wrong (like bricking it)? From the clicking and screen flashing, it seems to be having trouble booting; I am using Duracell Plus batteries for the record.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for the advice - I have some on charge now, so will test them when they are ready!

I'm having the same problems for more than a week now and I still haven't found what's the problem, try using an AC adaptor, that did the trick for me, but it takes away all the portable features of this portable device

hclatwr posted on Aug 21 2006 at 10:44 AM said:
I'm having the same problems for more than a week now and I still haven't found what's the problem, try using an AC adaptor, that did the trick for me, but it takes away all the portable features of this portable device

I bought some Uniross 2500mA high power rechargables...seemed to do the trick. Duracell and Energiser et al do them, so you should be able to pick them up anywhere.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back