Xbox 360 Who Likes It ?

CABBAGES

Website
Visit site
I got mine on christmas eve by luck. I didnt actually want one. But i knew you couldnt get tehm anywhere so when i found a GAME shop with some while i was visiting a friend in cambridge i thougth i better get one.

i was goin to sell it but now decided to keep it. Has anyone tryed doa4 (US) on a uk xbox 360 ? oh and anyone knwo if you need an official xbox 360 wireless adapter or can you use any ?

Its nice and the launch titles are pretty impressive but sadly the 360 has finally brought home the reality that games are never going to change, same old formulas just with a little more gloss.

Its nice and the launch titles are pretty impressive but sadly the 360 has finally brought home the reality that games are never going to change, same old formulas just with a little more gloss.
Behold.

And yes, I like the 360. I have an Xbox, and it's a piece of garbage FPS machine. Its only saving graces are a select few amazing Sega games that I simply couldn't be without. 360, however, seems like a pretty well-rounded system, and I very much plan on getting one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Revo wil continue the be a niche system. Emulators for old systems is a nice hook but they need to start showing actual Revo games on the fancy "magic wand" they're claiming is revolutionary will be pretty useless.

Still the unique situation that is helping the DS to beat out all commers will not really be in place for the Revo versus the PS3. The DS Beats out the PSP because many people see the PSP as redundant gamewise while the DS has more original titles, this will change when the next gen really gets rooling with the PS3 launch because the 360 will HAVE to step up it's game or fall to second place again. Right now the 360, to many people, is just the XBOX with higher resolution (This is also my personal feeling as I've seen nothing about it on a regular TV that I didn't already expect to see on the old xbox, I'm simply not impressed). I see a lot more interest in the PS3 from random people in stores. A lot of people may have bought the 360 but I see a lot of them selling the system when the PS3 comes out because the system is very very similar. Even if the PS3 sells you the exact same franchiases the supposedly more powerful system promises just a little bit more, an X-factor or undefined property, even if you account for Sony's standard techniques of over boasting.

Absolutely, I agree about the Revo, but I never believed it would own the market. I don't even expect a second place finish. But I think the sheer uniqueness of the whole concept could very well attract the average gamer (much like the DS has done). I think the Revo will sell more than the GameCube, but that's all.

I don't understand your X-factor argument, though. Obviously it didn't hold true this generation--the least powerful console is the resounding winner. Now, the Sony name (for some reason, people associate it with quality consoles..) can very well be the X-factor that you speak of, but I'm almost certain the PS3's nominal power advantage (when you consider actual games--not numbers) will make little difference in people's decision of which console to buy.

Untill we actually see a Revo game the only real attraction is for the generally easy 8/16 bit games that will be offered for download and the chance to play all the N64 and GC games many people didn't play when the systems were first offered Also the fact that all this could be contained in a releativly small box. I'm sure this will garner enough attention to make releasing the system atleast somewhat worthwhile for Nintendo as it would mean continued proliferation of the CG format for another few years at the very least.

My comment on the PS3 wasnt exactly aimed at the graphics abilities, I did try to down play that when I mentioned Sony's inability to state facts without hyperbole. I call it an X-factor but I'll try to explain it better. When You get a sony product you get (besides sporatically questionable build quality) "general gaming". By that I mean there's no real sway towards a specific type of gaming. you arnt over loaded with sports games or first person shooters... maybe adventure games might be a bit weighted heavy but over all you expect a wide range of games. This dosent seem to be in any danger of changing on the new system which makes it feel like a confortable place where you arnt being poked by some intrusive design feature... It's like they say "here's a system, here's some games, go have fun" instead of the MS way of saying " whould you like to try this? WE think you would, we made it a major part of our system because we think you really want it, and if we say this enough maybe you'll begin to believe it!"

I think people will treat the PS3 against the 360 the same way they treated the PS2 against the Dreamcast. DC launched and then got undermined when the PS2 came along. Many people waited because they wanted to see what was being offered, they saw things they liked and went after it. They established a warm homey feeling in a PSX "nest" and it carried over into the PS2 which kept MS at bay and I have a feeling that homey feeling is going to stick with people into the PS3 launch...

Unless MS pulls a rabbit out of their hat. Replaceable faceplates isnt it. Live isnt it. HD isnt it. Wireless controllers isnt it, They need a better franchise than halo... Or atleast more than just halo and other FPSs. They seem like a one or two trick pony in comparison.

I dunno I kinda rambled there for a bit but I did discribe it as undefinable and I'm still not sure I managed to define it.

Ah, I get you now. So, like I said, the Sony name (or their "homey" feel) could be Sony's trump card. And yeah, Sony's console (mostly thanks to its popularity, I think) is generally the most well-rounded as far as genres go, which certainly helps sales, too.

I'm enjoying mine so far. Kameo is a really great game IMO. Perfect Dark Zero as well and I'm pretty addicted to the online in that game, but the single player is great too.

Also have Call of Duty and had PGR 3, both are okay but not fantastic.

not THAT impressed by the graphics... they aren't that much better than say Doom 3 or Farcry on the Xbox 1, but there have been some impressive moments, like when you ride on horseback through a horde of literally hundreds of trolls with never a hint of slowdown, then you can get off your horse and walk up and fight with each and every single one of those trolls if you feel like it (be careful though or one will take off with YOUR horse!).

Not so much BETTER graphics, just a hell of a lot more onscreen at once... you can see farther and there are more enemies (and friends) all doing their own thing at once.

Absolutely, I agree about the Revo, but I never believed it would own the market. I don't even expect a second place finish. But I think the sheer uniqueness of the whole concept could very well attract the average gamer (much like the DS has done). I think the Revo will sell more than the GameCube, but that's all.

My guess is that Nintendo is betting on one of the two possibilities.

1. another video game market crash - in that case, the cheapest system staying true to the form will only survive.

2. solid secondary system - it's likely Sony and MS will fight tooth and nail for the market share, and what they offer to consumers are pretty much identical. So, if consumer A who already has ps3, for example, look at xbox360 and revo, he's more likely pickup revo over xbox360 becaues Revo will offer what ps3 won't be able to. (different kind of games, signature Nintendo games, and stuffs) The same story for xbox360 user. Then again, being the cheapest will help it become secondary choice to the consumers. For instance, in this generation, consumers with multiple consoles were common.

I'm just gonna do like I always do and buy all three... I wish I didn't have to, but there always comes along at least two or three really good exclusives (usually many more) for every damn system and I don't want to miss any of them.

Bast, man that is an awfull lot of hardware..... which will also cost a lot of money. you might want to concider buying an extra of the next systems to auction off on ebay to try and save some!

Nintendo is content to be the "alternate" system, they can't break out of that mold anyway because of their "all inclusive" personality.They may be the 'second choice' but unless one of the other two drop out of the race they'll be permanantly third in consoles form now on... of course there could be another company to come a long an ruin things even more for everyone in which case someone has to be fourth and everyone knows their cant be more than 3 viable candidates in this buisness.

Bast, man that is an awfull lot of hardware.....

No, THIS is an awful lot of hardware!!

635763_28_full.jpg

and I've got more that aren't even in that picture!

I had been telling myself all year that I wouldn't buy all three this time... and of the three, I pegged the 360 as the one I wanted the LEAST, and was going to skip it. But when it came out and that fever hit... man temptation is hard to resist.

But anyways... I don't want to be a 'scalper' buying them up and selling for profit on Ebay. I love my fellow gamers too much to rip them off like that, and hate when I have to pay a premium to get the systems at launch time... makes me want to kill people. Though I have picked up systems for friends at launch day a couple times, but no profit.

Bast, man that is an awfull lot of hardware.....

No, THIS is an awful lot of hardware!!

635763_28_full.jpg

and I've got more that aren't even in that picture!

I had been telling myself all year that I wouldn't buy all three this time... and of the three, I pegged the 360 as the one I wanted the LEAST, and was going to skip it. But when it came out and that fever hit... man temptation is hard to resist.

But anyways... I don't want to be a 'scalper' buying them up and selling for profit on Ebay. I love my fellow gamers too much to rip them off like that, and hate when I have to pay a premium to get the systems at launch time... makes me want to kill people. Though I have picked up systems for friends at launch day a couple times, but no profit.

But no GP2x, eh..?

Such a 'casual' gamer, Bast....

The "revolution" turned out to be a controller designed by a 3 year old. It's cool that they're trying something different, but that thing is ridiculous.

I'm waiting on picking up a 2x, sorry. So far I don't see anything fantastic for it, nothing better than the GP32 already has. Yeah Neo Geo or whatever but it doesn't sound like it runs all that great. Anyways, as far as SNES and Neo Geo go (the main two that I want that aren't already covered by the GP32) run fantastically on the PSP so I'm in no hurry to dump another $200 just yet...

Also isn't the 2X having like some bugs and stuff?

Anyways... the suckiest thing right now is that some PSP games are finally coming out that I really want to play, so I know I will need to update sooner or later... I've still got a 1.0 that will NEVER be updated, but my wife uses that one, so I dunno exactly what I'm gonna do. I've pondered buying a 3rd PSP but I dunno... if the GP2X SNES and neo geo emu's come along nicely, I'll save a few bucks and buy one of those instead and just keep the two PSP's.

But has anyone found out if doa4 is region locked ? the us one i mean ? i saw somewhere on some pish forum it wasnt but that was one guy who could maybe be talkin pish!

I am going to try and resist the next generation of consoles. I am going to try to stick with the handheld market. Even though they look tempting.
dribble.gif
Oooops! :blink: I am going to try and stay away from building any more clutter around the TV. :( Maybe if something hits the bargan bin. <_< It would have to be a "must have game" for me to break into the next generation. I have been sinking more and more into a retro thing. I just picked up "CAPCOM Classics collection" and "TAITO Legends" for my PS2 this week. If a game like "Shadow of Colossus" or a good RPG came out for them, that would tempt me into that next generation. I was going to skip the last, but then I ended up with a PS2 and a Game Cube. And the only reason then, was because of certain games that came out for those systems. ;)

The "revolution" turned out to be a controller designed by a 3 year old. It's cool that they're trying something different, but that thing is ridiculous.

Really? They have a designer that is three years old? And he designed the controller? really really?

No, I don't believe you. I know the Japs start them young, but come on, three years old??? Do you mean to tell me that in two years my daughter could get a job with the big N?

Okay, proof. Tell me where you got this information, give me a link on the internet to back up your comment. You are just making this up, aren't you?

And have you ever played on the new controller? Or is that just over opinionated shite like your earlier comment?

Thought so.

Unlike a lot of people here, I am happy for ONE company to try to do something different, other than make the same machine only with shinier graphics (I am also happy for the other two to make their machines as well, you see I am NOT a fanboi). And I will wait until people I respect have actually used them before making a judgement. You see, Nintendo were ridiculed for the DS in the face of the supieror hardware of the PSP, and yet it is Ninto that are definately winning that battle, both in sales and in me.

So let them make it, while they do let's discuss what the implications of such a device will be. But 'a three year old thought that up..?'

Anyway, this is an Xbox 360 debate, and as I don't have one, I'd better shut up. I have played it tho, in shops. And the graphics do look tasty. And the whole media hb thing sounds sweet too. But with a machine like this, it's the games. With the Rev, it might just be the gameplay-because we will have a new toy to hold and play with.

Anyway, I'm off polish my ego, cheers!

Can we not turn this into a 360 vs. Revolution thread, please.

lubidog, it's not worth responding to trolls. They always win.

Back