Wth happened?

ryan27968

So... i havent been on the forum, nor followed the project at all in a LONG time. Over a year(I think). I left right as the rumors were starting up. Now I am back. What the heck have I missed? Now there is officially a Pandora 2... excuse me, Dragonbox Pyra? What is the decided feature set? How long since it was announced? When will it be here? What will it look like? I am super excited about the new Pandora, but I want to know, What exactly have I missed? Could Y'all please give me a rundown of what has happened since I left?

To answer your questions in order...

A lot, both on Pandora and new Pyra. Check the Software section for a start.

Yes.

Quick overview. Some things are in flux so take that website with a healthy grain of salt. Watch the Official News for more details as they develop.

Officially, about two months. Mid January, I forget the exact day.

Uneducated guesses suggest early 2015, but EvilDragon is specifically (and wisely) not giving any estimates: it'll be ready when it's ready.

It'll look kind of like the Pandora, except bigger, sharper screen, and the number keys moved below the game controls to be with the rest of the keyboard. You can see where all the buttons will go in some of his videos of the dummy board (though the exact labeling of those buttons is still heavily debated)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back