What Happened To Epicenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffyhamster

When i got back from my vacation I heard you guys bad mouthing Epicenter, and i didn't know why, and I eventually found out he left. It's been a long time since then, but i want to know what happened.

I want to know all of the drama, not "he was just a pussy gp2x bashing RTARD"

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:44 PM said:
he was banned. thats all.

Wow, that's all, very descriptive :p

That was a fast post!! 1 minute after mine !

Last edited by a moderator:
fluffyhamster posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:50 PM said:

Well, that's not all ... he got scolded by Hando himself :eek:

... I'll see if I can find the post; it was hilarious!

Edit: :lol: Here it is!! Hando rocks!!!

I remember him being very excited about the development of his game and that it is at constant 100+ fps, but that changed when he dropped below 100 fps by putting other things in, like music and ai I guess.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 8 2007 at 09:16 PM said:
fluffyhamster posted on Feb 8 2007 at 08:50 PM said:

Well, that's not all ... he got scolded by Hando himself :eek:

... I'll see if I can find the post; it was hilarious!

Edit: :lol: Here it is!! Hando rocks!!!

Wow, wtf happened to Eipicenter?

TY SO MUCH for posting that, I can't believe i missed it :( .

I also didn't know that epicenter felt that way about the GP2X !

Draco posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:46 PM said:
I remember him being very excited about the development of his game and that it is at constant 100+ fps, but that changed when he dropped below 100 fps by putting other things in, like music and ai I guess.

Hehe, yeah... I remember him saying that his engine required his game to run at 120+ fps or something. Can anyone actually think of a reason this would be required?

I also remember having a fairly extensive discussion with him on how the Wii CPU would spank the Cell in the PS3. Ah, those were the days... can we let him back?

dockthepod posted on Feb 9 2007 at 04:55 AM said:
Draco posted on Feb 8 2007 at 07:46 PM said:

Hehe, yeah... I remember him saying that his engine required his game to run at 120+ fps or something. Can anyone actually think of a reason this would be required?

I also remember having a fairly extensive discussion with him on how the Wii CPU would spank the Cell in the PS3. Ah, those were the days... can we let him back?

Jackd posted on Feb 9 2007 at 07:17 AM said:
I dont think hes banned anymore.

No we cant and yes he is banned

Why open a discussion forum if you won't allow someone to discuss the console the site is for? Criticism can be constructive.

Worried it might damage sales?

Criticism, yes .. constant bashing and flame-baiting in every topic, no.

declaration posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:09 PM said:
Why open a discussion forum if you won't allow someone to discuss the console the site is for? Criticism can be constructive.

Worried it might damage sales?

oh hell look, you think we ban people for fun?!
the whole time ive been a mod here we have banned less than 10 people..... you think we care about sales?!?! we are in no way connected with gamepark holdings and well if people feel the need to critise the gp2x then fine .... its not without its faults we all know this...

BUT to constantly slate it in every thread for about 6 months begs the question?
"why do you post here"

Yeah, unfortunately Epicentre continually repeated the same flaws that we all know about... and possibly exagerated them. He was told to calm it down several times in the manner of "We know you don't like your GP2X, but we do, so stop whining." He said he was not going to reply to GP2X related posts anymore, but time after time he continued.
It's not nice to have someone like that in the community... Imagine you had just bought the GP2X and you are kind of NOOBish... you come here for help and you get an angry dog barking at you "Ah the stick is broken, the power cable is on the side, you have to hop up and down on the ceiling while wearing a tutu while simultaneuosly adjusting your room's Feng Shui just to make the colours display properly. You made a mistake buying this! WOOF WOOF GRRRRRRR"
It provides negativity.

PokeParadox posted on Feb 10 2007 at 05:21 AM said:
Yeah at unfortunately Epicentre continually repeated the same flaws that we all know about... and possibly exagerated them. He was told to calm it down several times in the manner of "We know you don't like your GP2X, but we do, so stop whining." He said he was not going to reply to GP2X related posts anymore, but time after time he continued.
It's not nice to have someone like that in the community... Imagine you had just bought the GP2X and you are kind of NOOBish... you come here for help and you get an angry dog barking at you "Ah the stick is broken, the power cable is on the side, you have to hop up and down on the ceiling while wearing a tutu while simultaneuosly adjusting your room's Feng Shui just to make the colours display properly. You made a mistake buying this! WOOF WOOF GRRRRRRR"
It provides negativity.
LOL. That made me laugh, but its very true, its basically what he does.

It's been a much nicer place without him, to be honest. And there is still plenty of discussion about the machine's flaws and how to fix/improve them, so the mods are clearly not about stifling criticism.

GunPei2X posted on Feb 10 2007 at 09:52 PM said:
It's been a much nicer place without him, to be honest. And there is still plenty of discussion about the machine's flaws and how to fix/improve them, so the mods are clearly not about stifling criticism.
Agreed, the place is much happier without the constant repetitive complaints. Even I have raised issues of the odd fault with my own unit, but at least I also posted the remedy instead of turning it into a flame thread.

I think that is what this place is about, it shares most of the common factors with the open source community. We find faults, and we can resolve them. The GP2X is a unique handheld, it's one of the only ones on the market that if a problem is found, then we have the possibility of a nice remedy. I can't say that about the PSP or DS.

I gotta say reading through the initial linked thread and some other things is really putting me off getting a gp2x. I've been wanting one for a while but thought id watch and see how things go with it. I was going to get one but now im stuck 50/50 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back