WTB: Pandora and/or parts, and/or pandora repair person in AU

antisol

Hi There,
My pandora has finally died. So now it's time to try to either resurrect or replace it.
Over the years it developed a few issues. I'm looking to buy either a complete working pandora 1ghz, or the following parts:
* screen
* LCD cable
* analog nubs

I'm in Australia, so anybody local would be great. Bonus if you're someone who might be able to do a better job than me at repairing it - I'd be happy to talk about shipping it to somebody for repairs.
Thanks!

I'd keep checking eBay, I've seen a few pop up every couple weeks or so.. although people are asking outrageous amounts and they tend to sit until the seller sends out substantially lowered offers to the watchers. The good news is that there seems to be effectively no price difference between a First batch, CC, or 1Ghz on there.

I may have an extra LCD and cable laying around, but I'll have to do some digging. I used to have about a dozen Pandoras, so I should have parts.

Thanks for the info. Ebay is a good idea. Let me know if you find any parts :)

@antisol Did you know there is a videocable for the Pandora where you connect it to the TV and can see the screen again?

@FBnil I did know that, I own one :)
Unfortunately it broke literally the first time I tried to use it :/
But my pandora has bigger problems than that, and I'm interested in fixing them all.
thx for the suggestion though! :)

This might be what you're looking for, probably get it very reasonable as the case has some issues, but that parts are probably scavengable.

That's not a 1GHz unit. I'm not sure if it's a first batch with a new silver case, which has since degraded, or if it's actually a rebirth unit but in either case that's a 600MHz unit (probably overclockable but 1GHz is a stretch).

Back