Wtb: Gp32 (good, Bad Or Ugly)

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
I'm looking for GP32s.

Ideally I want broken ones but which still have good controllers/buttons. Did your GP32 meet with a horribly demise? Smashed screen? It's not useless, it's parts can be used to save other GP32s! It's like being an organ donor but for handhelds!

Anyway, I was thinking that I could get a few of these units and perhaps when somebody else needs a bit/part then a central repository of spares would be a good thing.

If you have a unit, please let me know:

1). Is it working?
2). Control condition. Does the stick work in all directions? Do the buttons work? Doe the shoulder buttons work?
3). Screen working? Dead pixels?
4). Cosmetics. Scratches? Damage? Modifications?

I am in Australia and willing to pay for postage and dead or alive units with Paypal.

I have a GP32 NLU with a defective SMC reader. Works perfectly, but doesn´t read SMCs.
The stick was pretty loose, but i fixed it with my original fix (the one on gp32newbie.com), it´s working very well now. The case has a slicht crack on the backside from overdoing the "paper behind stick" fix.
Screen has no scratches od dead pixels, case looks good apart from the crack. The unit has been voltagemodded by me and clocks up to 168MHz. If you want it, make an offer.

Seeing as it's the controls that I'm after, I'd really like to get one that's almost new but damaged in some way that does effect the controller.

Ideally a new GP32 with a smash screen for instance.

:)

I have a fairly ugly GP32 (smashed screen and USB, etc.), right now it's earmarked (I've a laptop touchpad button to replace), but later I may decide to get rid of it. As it currently stands at least 2 of the dpad microswitches will be gone.

Blah said:
I have a fairly ugly GP32 (smashed screen and USB, etc.), right now it's earmarked (I've a laptop touchpad button to replace), but later I may decide to get rid of it. As it currently stands at least 2 of the dpad microswitches will be gone.
There might very well be some salvageable parts in it, like the A & B buttons and possible even the shoulder buttons. Even the battery cover is good for something. Do you want to get rid of the left over bits?
In this condition I'd pay for postage and perhaps a few bucks to provide incentive to parcel it up and send it. Interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back