Wrist mount Pandora

Fzero

Advanced Member
all that chat on the boards and now the Army have gone and bit the idea

wrist2.jpg

source: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2010-10/15/wrist-mounted-computers

Unlike the proposed Pandora one though, this screen is curved to fit the arm as well

And in typical military fashion, I imagine they cost about 10 times as much as a similar commercial product would. :p

1)I do believe that I would punch a normal person in the balls if I seen them at the mall/work/school with something like that.

2)putting a 2 handed gaming handheld on your wrist cuts off access to one of your hands...

3)get some velcro and strap a nintendo ds to your wrist.. then add a few mm.. in every direction... not very comfortable

And in typical military fashion, I imagine they cost about 10 times as much as a similar commercial product would. :p

The main difference is that after a week of sand, rain and various hostile environment, the military product still works and the commercial one is just a piece of junk
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a classic vintage Nintendo product, everyone knows those are immune to damn near anything. I've heard of NES paddles being wrapped up in their cords, run over by a truck and plugged back in - only to function perfectly.

Now stuff made TODAY? That's another story.

Vintage Nintendo products are considered military grade products in my eyes.

I mean, my NES survived my three cousins for a few years!

The only thing that they successfully broke was the cartridge door, everything else was perfectly fine.

1)I do believe that I would punch a normal person in the balls if I seen them at the mall/work/school with something like that.

At first I was in total agreeance with you, but then I got to thinking what if it turned out that it wasn't a normal person but some kind of special forces dude back from Iraq and after punching said dude in yonder balls, he proceeded to hospitalise me using one hand, special forces training and a plastic cafeteria spoon or something while twittering about it on his wrist mounted computer using his free hand. That would suck.

You'd think that by now normal people know that looking like something outta a science fiction film dramatically increases the risk of blunt force trauma to the testicles.

Vintage Nintendo products are considered military grade products in my eyes.

I mean, my NES survived my three cousins for a few years!

The only thing that they successfully broke was the cartridge door, everything else was perfectly fine.

Exactly my point. I also heard of a NES controller that had been snapped clean in half and actually still worked because the wires were intact. o.o

:blink: Is that a beer gut to the left of the picture? It looks like a beer gut :huh:

Do you need to be obese to use one of these? :lol:

:blink: Is that a beer gut to the left of the picture? It looks like a beer gut :huh:

Do you need to be obese to use one of these? :lol:
I think that are old-man-cheeks. But yes, the pic does weird me out a bit, it looks so.. eww

3)get some velcro and strap a nintendo ds to your wrist.. then add a few mm.. in every direction... not very comfortable
Well, i'm off to find some velcro.

Perfect for playing Pokemon.

EDIT: Oops, misread last date, sorry for bumping with useless crud ;)

You could connect up a Wii nunchuck controller and use other hands for buttons. That wouldn't look sad, albeit looking like a suicide bomber with a detonator, or a portable jet pack or .....

Nah it's not sad at all.

People also said you'd look stoopid talking on a bluetooth headset in public, how wrong were they. :)

Back