Wrinkle On The Screen

raul

Still Fresh
Is it normal to see some kind of wrinkle on the screen? you can even feel it if you move the stylus across the wrinkle you can feel a little bump, it works fine and all, just wondering...

Paddy had a "bubble" in his screen which he managed to solve, I wonder if it's a similar thing?

[edit] http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54296-solved-bubble-in-my-touch-screen/

Last edited by a moderator:
The touch screen film on mine is fairly loose and 'flaps' against the screen when touched.
Is it supposed to do this or should it be flat against the LCD ?

^ I've got no Pandora, but the touchscreen layer of my N800 is also "loose", so it's normal. It's part of resistive screen characteristics, I suppose.

mali said:
^ I've got no Pandora, but the touchscreen layer of my N800 is also "loose", so it's normal. It's part of resistive screen characteristics, I suppose.

ok, thanks. Never having had a touch screen thing before I wasn't sure. Also, I forgot to mention that it doesn't hamper stylus or finger operation, so that's cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's just part of natural variations between individual resistive touch-screens - I've seen minor differences like that between a few Nintendo DSes I've seen, as well as my initial Pandora and its replacement. (I didn't even notice it on my replacement Pandora, in fact - someone else saw it due to glare when I held it up to show them something.)

Back