Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

Would you still continue to eat meat (please refer to opening post for more details)?

• Total voters

Woo, another one of the better-than-thou-threads

Well, I know those vids, probably more of them than you do (hint: there's not just one), but I'm with the People that Eat Tasty Animals.

Sweet sweet animal corpses.

By the way, I know where my animal corpses come from, and those places are not like those in those vids. In fact, most aren't. But PETA doesn't want you to know that. Oh, and when we're at PETA, I just want to link this.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got to kill to eat. Fact of life. Its called the food chain. Even plants die so humans can eat them. Mmmm, sweet, sweet, yummy death.

You got to kill to eat. Fact of life. Its called the food chain. Even plants die so humans can eat them. Mmmm, sweet, sweet, yummy death.
thats not what the argument is about though, people are complaining about how these animals are treated before they get violently murdered for our taste pleasures, which to me also makes little sense, seeing as these animals are born, raised, and killed simply for the food, these arent animals they found on the street and in the wild, killed them off, and fed them to us

One thing I never got about PETA is what do they expect us to use the animals that their sole purpose is to eat?
Don't forget the seals. For thousands of years, humans hunted seals for food and pelts; we became part of their ecosystem. Now PETA is getting involved, people are saying we need to stop hunting seals, so what happens? We were nowhere close to quota last year. What happens in the wild when you remove a chief predator? The prey has a population explosion, eat all the food, and then dies out. The seals have already started their population growth. It's slower because we haven't stopped completely, but it is noticeable and starting to have its impact. When the seals die out (and who knows what else they'll be taking with them) because humans stopped hunting them, I am going to point the finger directly at PETA and say "told you so".

I was at the state park before the last snowstorm, taking pictures of the wildlife that had come back. There were some Mute Swans on the other side of the lagoon, so I had to work my way around it. Anyway, right before I got close enough to take pictures, there was a sign that mentioned the invasive, yet visually stunning, nature of the bird. The former quality made population management important to preserve the native ecosystem, but the latter causes resistance from animal rights groups and the general public. The final sentence mentioned how they had finally come to the marsh, and asked whether the swan would pose a threat. It made me think how easy it is to get behind the wrong cause. Earlier that week, my dad mentioned he saw some swans in the pond. But instead of thinking that the swan population was rising, I assumed it was dwindling.

I don't know, I just think it's crazy something like a swan is considered an invasive species. I usually consider stuff like rusty crayfish, sea lamprey, zebra mussels, or various aquatic plants as invasive (you know, ugly stuff). I just wanted to put that out there.

I bloody well hate animals. I'd kill them and eat them quite happily, they are delicious.

My girlfriend however hates animals too, to the point where she won't eat them as she thinks they are disgusting and filthy.

Apart from fish, they are apparently clean.

ah yes, nothing as clean as swimming in one's own filth ;D

Apart from it's just a bear?

On the subject of human meat, I've always thought that if I ever had to have an arm or leg amputated I'd request they kept it fresh so I could cook and try eating it.

wow, as icky as it sound I can't find anything wrong with that.

Cannibalism is unhealthy because of the risk of diseases transmission and we're a species betting its survival (mostly) on cooperation which kinda rule it out.

but in this odd case its just "not wasting anything"... icky but logically fine.

btw, there are human cultures where the mother will eat the cooked the placenta, a good survival strategy, other animals do it too.

not personally interested in trying, but ppl can do what you want with their own body, none of my business ;)

When anarcho-vegans spout their bullshit at me, I like to entertain myself by producing my ever-present bag of beef jerky and eating it in front of them, letting the little pieces fall on the ground and perhaps even "accidentally" spitting a few pieces onto their clothes.

When I'm handed one of those pamphlets, I respond "All I see is chicken nuggets. Mmmm, tasty little mindless critters. You're makin' me hungry, man.... Mmmm...... steak."

I made one cry hysterically once. It made my day. She probably did it to make a scene, and I realised this later, but it still made my day.

These anarcho-vegans, mind you, are the same idiots who don't wear deodorant or remove body hair of any sort because it's "not natural." Curiously, these are the same people who eat processed soy on a daily basis; something which has been documented to cause various ailments over a long period of time...

Just once, I want to catch one of them drinking municipal water. "We have an open reservoir. YOU'RE DRINKING DEER PISS!"

Would you still continue to eat meat (that is if you're not a vegetarian or vegan like many of us aren't) if you knew the truth about the Animal cruelty that goes on in many of the slaughter houses around the globe?

Yes, I would still eat meat.

everyone is against animal cruelty, but the thing where people disagree is what exactly is cruelty.

I don't see cute fuzzy rabbits, I see delicious cute fuzzy rabbits that aren't yet in my stomach.

but I'd be perfectly happy to eat dumb meat that was grown in a petri dish if it had the same great taste for the same great price.

btw, plants are living creatures too.

When anarcho-vegans spout their bullshit at me, I like to entertain myself by producing my ever-present bag of beef jerky and eating it in front of them, letting the little pieces fall on the ground and perhaps even "accidentally" spitting a few pieces onto their clothes.

When I'm handed one of those pamphlets, I respond "All I see is chicken nuggets. Mmmm, tasty little mindless critters. You're makin' me hungry, man.... Mmmm...... steak."

I made one cry hysterically once. It made my day. She probably did it to make a scene, and I realised this later, but it still made my day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

true or not, that story is very entertaining :D

*high-five*

Personally I'm appalled at all you so called 'ethical' people who can stand by as millions of helpless plants are brutally murdered for your pleasure. Recent studies have proven that plants emit a screaming sound as they are cut, so there's no denying that they're in horrible agony when being slaughtered.

The only moral diet is the salt and distilled water diet. That way, I can be sure that I am not harming any creature when I partake in ingestion. :p

I bloody well hate animals. I'd kill them and eat them quite happily, they are delicious.

My girlfriend however hates animals too, to the point where she won't eat them as she thinks they are disgusting and filthy.

Apart from fish, they are apparently clean.

ah yes, nothing as clean as swimming in one's own filth ;D

Ever swam in a public swimming pool? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'm appalled at all you so called 'ethical' people who can stand by as millions of helpless plants are brutally murdered for your pleasure.
They're also happily killing animals. But I guess all those mice and rabbits that get killed by farming machinery don't count. Hell, their bodycount is probably higher than the one of meat eaters.

When anarcho-vegans spout their bullshit at me, I like to entertain myself by producing my ever-present bag of beef jerky
Offtopic, but I'm wondering.. You're probably american, so how much does beaf jerky cost over there? I love that stuff, but it's really expensive over here (About $5 per 100g)

Offtopic, but I'm wondering.. You're probably american, so how much does beaf jerky cost over there? I love that stuff, but it's really expensive over here (About $5 per 100g)

A small bag, eaten in one sitting (by people who aren't health nuts), easily costs 5 dollars. It's way too overpriced.

That's why I'm pissed at all these lunatics trying to keep meat (and beauty products, and clothing lines, and every other aspect of normal human life) "humane." In their efforts to cater to the "feelings" of something who is not human and therefore has no "feelings" (and even if it did, they would not matter), they are driving up the price of meat. Every time I see a vegan, I make a vow to them, to myself and to my country that I will someday macerate, microwave, or otherwise maim a cute little baby chicken or a squirrel... just for them.

I'm already a vegetarian, mostly because I think meat is gross, but I think meat is gross because I've been a vegetarian

I am a walking paradox

I try to limit my red meat consumption. Yard bird is free game a good bit of the time, but I prefer it to be organic free range.

Living in Humboldt county, you'd be amazed at what we see in our fields. I have cows in my backyard, and knowing that they eat grass that is just growing along the coast line makes me feel much better than eating Spam. The egrets and geese hang out in these cow fields by the thousands along with other migratory bird.

If the rest of California fell into the ocean tomorrow, Humboldt County could sustain itself regarding food production (excluding electricity (coal power) and gasoline ). Eating locally is the healthiest and lowest impact upon resources.

For those who eat a lot of beef you should watch King Corn. Beef in itself is not unhealthy it is just when we stick the cows in feeding lots and feed them grains instead of letting them eat grass that it becomes unhealthy. The suffering question about it I don't know, cows don't like to ever run or even walk fast and spend nearly all their waking hours eating so they're probably pretty happy but it makes the meat unhealthy.

I grew up in the mid west, where it snows in the winter, so our cows didn't eat fresh grass all year but we bailed our own grass hay and when they eat fresh or grass hay they just taste a lot better. We had enough land that 1/3 of it they the cows lived on and ate all summer and the remaining 2/3 we let grown and bailed for the winter. Everyone says corn fed beef tastes the best but I've never thought so.

Back