Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KickinWing

Arguable Idiot
Website
Visit site
I'm having an arguement on another forum and wanted to see what you guys thought. Atari Fanbois seem to be worse than Nintendo fanbois :blink:

Anything running windows. :p j/k

No seriously, Either the Saturn or the Atari Falcon.

The Saturn, Because a friend of mine used to have one, All that seem to be worth playing on it was Daytona USA, Which wasn`t bad, But suffered alot of slow down in quite a few places.

Atari Falcon, It was a flop from the very start, As it was too little too late and Atari was out of the limelite for sometime already, Because the Amiga had wiped the floor with the Atari ST.

Others to consider,

Sega 32x
Sega megaCD
Amiga CDTV
Philips CDi
SAM Coupe (though i hate to say this, As i owned one, But the poor thing didn`t stand a chance).

Trooper

sorry, to be more specific. I own a Jaguar, but these fanbois are trying to argue with me that the Jag was on par with the Saturn and PS1. I"m trying to tell them they're insane if they think that.

I cant believe peope are even considering thinking about the Saturn as the biggest joke system.

Go play Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Albert Odyssey, Nights, Guardian Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Metal Slug (I could go on and on) and come back and say that.

You won't.

012303phantom.gif

declaration posted on Jul 18 2005 at 01:42 PM said:
I cant believe peope are even considering thinking about the Saturn as the biggest joke system.

Go play Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Albert Odyssey, Nights, Guardian Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Metal Slug (I could go on and on) and come back and say that.

You won't.

I agree with you, the Saturn is one of my favorite systems that I own.

Last edited by a moderator:
declaration posted on Jul 18 2005 at 06:42 PM said:

You won't.

I like my Saturn but only have one of the games you list (Nights). I am sure you are right, but most of those are pretty hard to find and very expensive. Most of the Saturn games I have bought (very cheaply) were a bit crap, but Duke Nukem, Doom and Tomb Raider were all better than the PSX versions, and Tempest 2000 was also a great game (I think this came out as a highly acclaimed Jaguar version too).

AFAIK the Phantom was never actually released? Heh, guess Phantom really was an appropriate name :rolleyes:

The Nuon was eqally useless, though it did actually see a *very* limited release in some obscure DVD players. There are a hundred and one of these unreleased/limited release systems that never really penetrate the market and so fall in to the 'joke' category by default. They might have been perfectly decent systems, they just never had a chance.

The worst joke of a system must have poor hardware and bad games. IMHO, though I'm not too familiar with either system, Tiger.com certainly beats out the Jaguar on both accounts.

All systems have good points - Okay, some of them were flops in terms of not selling very well, but I can't honestly think of one system that is totally crap. Most have at least a few 'key' games.

I had fun with both my brother's Jaguar and my Game.Com. The Jaguar had Myst, people! Tempest was fun and there were quite a few obscure games that would probably suck if I played them now, but they were fun then because they were all "innovative" (meaning they had video.. :rolleyes: ). The Game.Com had Resident Evil 2, which was not the greatest game but still cool because it was portable. Jurassic Park, Duke Nukem, Batman, and a few others were fun too.

How about the Tiger R-Zone? :lol:

Huxley posted on Jul 18 2005 at 07:10 PM said:
AFAIK the Phantom was never actually released? Heh, guess Phantom really was an appropriate name :rolleyes:

It's still coming 2005 :eek:

As an owner of both systems (amongst others), I can honestly say that the Game.com is the one system that I never even tried all the games for. It got put back in it's box and hasn't seen the light of day since...

Did anybody just watch "When Games Attack" on Ftn.
They coincidentally had a feature called "the worst five consoles of all time".

The list went...

1. Nintendo Virtualboy
2. N-Gage
3. 3do
4. Atari Jaguar
5. Sega Saturn (obviously shouldnt have been included :p )

Back