Word Disassociation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I'm seconding all the objections up til now, except the one about calendars being burnt. It would stand now, but it was too tenuous without rule 5b which I've just added.

Moz: 5 point penalty; I did say in the rules that words only have to disassociate with the one before them.

Rico: winter, it could be argued, is the rectum of the year, being at its' read end :p. Needs a second for me to penalise though :p

Bonus points to:
Skysnapper and Deleted User (10 points each for nice connections)
20 points to Horscht for the silly - but nonetheless astute - observation about the connection between toothpaste and poop.

In the mean time, I think grapes are unrelated to either rectum or winter, and would be a good addition to the game :)

Tobriand posted on Dec 14 2005 at 12:53 AM said:
In the mean time, I think grapes are unrelated to either rectum or winter, and would be a good addition to the game :)

Grapes are obviously related to rectum and winter. Clearly you don't have to use the ointment......

In addition

Plinth

Last edited by a moderator:
WrongEyedJesus posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:07 AM said:
Bilgepump
A bilgebump presumably pumps liquid (bilge) and soda (the previous word) is a liquid :)

WrongEyedJesus: Sorry, I don't understand the link, so I haven't penalized myself. Given you 10 bonus points for trying though - although since you picked up a penalty and an invalid word as a result of Rico's criticism (#56) - nice link, Rico, by the way - the result is that the score is pretty much unchanged.

I'm going to make a stab at boosting mine by 50 points or so now... I defy anyone to link the next word to a boxing glove!

caraway

Tobriand posted on Dec 14 2005 at 10:47 AM said:
WrongEyedJesus: Sorry, I don\'t understand the link, so I haven\'t penalized myself. Given you 10 bonus points for trying though - although since you picked up a penalty and an invalid word as a result of Rico\'s criticism (#56) - nice link, Rico, by the way - the result is that the score is pretty much unchanged.

I\'m going to make a stab at boosting mine by 50 points or so now... I defy anyone to link the next word to a boxing glove!

caraway
Caraway is grown, and so is cotton, which is inside of the boxing glove :p
Also, boxing gloves are made of leather, and cows eat caraway and grass, and leather comes from cows.

Anyway.

Lubricant

Tobriand posted on Dec 14 2005 at 03:47 PM said:
WrongEyedJesus: Sorry, I don't understand the link, so I haven't penalized myself. Given you 10 bonus points for trying though - although since you picked up a penalty and an invalid word as a result of Rico's criticism (#56) - nice link, Rico, by the way - the result is that the score is pretty much unchanged.

I'm going to make a stab at boosting mine by 50 points or so now... I defy anyone to link the next word to a boxing glove!

caraway

Grapes are slang for heamaroids which hang from your rectum and are aggravated by cold weather i.e. in the winter.

Thought it was quite a good connection really

@Rico:

accepted, though technically the soda is the gas that carbonates the liquid, but who's counting?

OK:

tmesis

*edit* Spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back