Wolfenstein is a SoD to install

Doc

Still Fresh
Hi all -

I am the proud new owner of the GP32 and in the few short hours I've had it working properly I would say it's been worth every single penny I spent on it. I have managed to get my head around how to intall most of the software I've spent a couple of weeks collecting, but I can't seem to get Wolfenstein running at all. I have the shareware files and all the .FXEs but when I try and run the game I'm always getting QUIT messages because it couldn't find the files.

Is anybody else experienceing this problem, or been able to get the game working?

Any help would be really appreciated. . . . .

A hundred games and ROMs on the bloody thing and I have to get obsessed with getting this to work. . . . .I must know :D

To install wolfenstein 3D, go to the games folder and create a subfolder Called Wolf3D! inside of that, put all you WL6 (wolfenstein files).

To install Spear of Destiny, got to the games folder and create a subfolder called SOD, and toss all your SOD files in there!

*DONT FORGET TO PUT YOUR FXE'S IN THE GPMM DIRECTORY!
IF UR ONLY USING THE FULL VERSION, PUT JUST THE SOD AND WOLF3D FXE'S IN THE GPMM DIRECTORY!

LOOK BELOW< IF WOLFENSTEiN DOESNT WORK(IT SHOULDNT)

Oh, and by the way, when u put the files into these folders, dont be afraid that they arent in there, after u put the files into these folders, they dissapear, but are really there!

*since wolfenstein runs off the linux version, u need the patched files of the WL6, get them at the wolfenstein 3d page (linked off of the Wolfenstein page, on this website)! there called VGAFILES

Hi Don -

Thank you very much indeed for your help. Wolfenstein is now running beautifully on my new little wonder of a console. Everything this machine does is just a delight.
The only thing I'm having difficulty with is there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule about where the games store data - sometimes in a subfolder of GPMM, sometimes in 'Game' . .. .

But hey! Everything works great so far B)

Many thanks

- Doc

Hmm... where things store game data... Well, they usually say where in the readme files. As a general rule, if the file's a gxe/gxc or gxb, it goes in GAME, otherwise it goes in GPMM, but that doesn't always hold true. I know I use directories other than those two for storing files in too, simply because my GPMM directory is too cluttered full of other files needed for games... I juts put the ones I use most in the root directory - but that's not easily doable unless you flash firmware (or at least - its not easily runable)

Back