Wolfenstein 3D

I still can't get it to work though, doesn't like my version of the game. In case you have the same problem, there is a very good total conversion for Doom (just search for "Wolfendoom") which I started playing instead using DoomRunner PND.

Thanks for the tip. I will try to get Wolf4sdl to work and report the results here later.

Can you give me a hint where i can find Wolfendoom ?

I was able to get Doomrunner to work but like D1X & D2X it produces heavy graphical glitches on my 1Ghz Pandora.

There are versions for the GBA (faithful but somehow a low than average framerate), for SNES (not so faithful). Have you tried these with their respective emulators? :)

@ F_Slim:

I think it is a 1Ghz Problem, but i am not shure what is wrong. Perhaps it`s the different GPU driver or the Software itself. thx for the Link i will give it a try.

Here a Link with some YT-Videos of the Problem in D1X:

@ Atari Afternoon:

What do you mean, Roms of Wolf3D ,Doom or Wolfendoom (Romhack) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Wolf4SDL working. The problem with the PND is picklelauncher. You are not supposed to select the individual *.WL6 files, even though that's what picklelauncher wants to do. I copied the wolf3d binary to the same folder as the *.WL6 files and it worked nicely.

hello apersonthinks,thanks for your answer.

I've copied the wolf3d.exe to the directory with the other *.wl6 files,but i cant see the binary in picklelauncher.

When i select one of the wl6-files in picklelauncher it exits to the Desktop.

What are i'm doing wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Picklelauncher here is the issue. It isn't even necessary as long as the wolf3d binary is in the same folder as the wl6 files and it should be selecting a folder, not the wl6 files themselves. I copied the binary file named wolf3d from the pnd to my sd card in the same folder as the wl6 files. Then it can be launched from thunar or terminal.

I'm not sure if i understood correctly. You've extracted the binary file of wolf4sdl contained in the pnd to the folder with the *.wl6 files and started it without using Picklelauncher ?

i think i missed this and others are reading it thinking something is wrong with the pnd, which in fact it does work.

picklelauncher is looking at the extensions .wl6, .sd1, and .sd2. It looks for one of the files with these ext's, all the other i put in a blacklist. The point is if it is retail data like from steam it should detect everything.

My suspicion is that this might be case issue, usually dos data was stored with uppercase.

So if someone reads this give the pnd a try and if it breaks ill try and help.

Back