Wolfenstien and Balder's Gate

MrLemonyFresh

Can anyone clue me in on wolfenstien, I have the game data, but when I select 'Wolfenstein 3D' from the menu it attempts and fails to run it.

I can't run Balder's gate either. When I run gemRB and select 'bg1' but it doesn't create any directory in the appdata folder. I tried placing the files in a directory I created myself in appdata/gemrb064/bg1 on the memory card, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
delete gemrb, delete any gemrb appdata folder you have, get gemrb from repo, launch, should create a folder named gemrb(not gemrb064, at least not for me), then place bg1 folder in this appdata folder and put files from installed game into this folder, not all are neccesary

for more info: (some outdated) http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56677-gemrb/

and please read your documentation file for gemrb, it seems naming your folder gemrb064 was your problem

Thanks DaMummy, I will try renaming it to gemrb, although I did already download it from repo

EDIT:

It worked!

now all i need to do is get wolf4sdl to run correctly... any ideas why it might not run the file

Nope, still doesn't work, for anyone reading this is still open and I'd really like to hear a solution.

My copy of the game runs fine with dosbox on my pc

Can anyone give me a little help to get Baldur's gate running in gemRB? I installed the game on my PC and moved all the files to the bg1 folder. I added all the data files from the other cds to the data file on my Pandora. Everytime I leave Candlekeep in the beginning of the game gemrb closes and I'm back at my desktop. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Wolfenstien works fine for me.. I just ran the pnd once so it would create the appdata folder..

If you have just the Original Wolfenstien drop the files into /pandora/appdata/wolf4sdl_wl6.pickle/

If you have Wolfenstien: Spear of Destiny drop them here /pandora/appdata/wolf4sdl_sod.pickle/

I still have the original game files from when I bought way back when, I never tried the steam versions.. but I assume they would just work the same.

Back