Wolf4Sdl And Open2X Issue

shinra

Hi, I've tried wolf4sdl on open2x, everything works fine except for the up on the stick which works as Enter also, the same goes for right and ESC key, and the other buttons (most of them have 2 functions). This happens even in compat mode. I turn off the key remapping option of the gmenu link just to be sure but nothing, if anyone has a solution please tell me.

shinra said:
Hi, I've tried wolf4sdl on open2x, everything works fine except for the up on the stick which works as Enter also, the same goes for right and ESC key, and the other buttons (most of them have 2 functions). This happens even in compat mode. I turn off the key remapping option of the gmenu link just to be sure but nothing, if anyone has a solution please tell me.

That is extremely odd! I am surprised to hear this because I've never heard any problems regarding button mapping from anyone. I wish I had access to a real computer but I am out on a 6-month adventure hiking Mexico->Canada. I can't think of a single reason this would happen under Open2X, I suggest reinstalling the program and perhaps deleting the link and recreating it. Perhaps get Pickle involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack said:
That is extremely odd! I am surprised to hear this because I've never heard any problems regarding button mapping from anyone. I wish I had access to a real computer but I am out on a 6-month adventure hiking Mexico->Canada. I can't think of a single reason this would happen under Open2X, I suggest reinstalling the program and perhaps deleting the link and recreating it. Perhaps get Pickle involved.
thanks, I looked more into it and found the problem, the game had the joystick option enabled,I unchecked it and everything went to normal. Other thing I noticed was the status panel not showing any numbers when in full screen (pressing L and R brings up the panel) and in the other screen sizes it does not display some values correctly Ej. when picking ammo the status panel does not update until I fire. this seccond problem do not seem to affect game as the remainning ammo and life are normal but not displayed properly. I tried reinstalling everything from fresh files and using diferent versions of WL6 but the panel problem remains.

Edit: It also happens when picking treasure or life, the panel does not update, but being damaged updates the health, also going into options menu and returning updates the panel here's an image from spear of destiny
http://yfrog.com/2sscreenshot0jp

shinra said:
Senor Quack said:
thanks, I looked more into it and found the problem, the game had the joystick option enabled,I unchecked it and everything went to normal. Other thing I noticed was the status panel not showing any numbers when in full screen (pressing L and R brings up the panel) and in the other screen sizes it does not display some values correctly Ej. when picking ammo the status panel does not update until I fire. this seccond problem do not seem to affect game as the remainning ammo and life are normal but not displayed properly. I tried reinstalling everything from fresh files and using diferent versions of WL6 but the panel problem remains.

Edit: It also happens when picking treasure or life, the panel does not update, but being damaged updates the health, also going into options menu and returning updates the panel here's an image from spear of destiny
http://yfrog.com/2sscreenshot0jp

ah the old joystick enabled issue, will get you everytime ;-)

I recall seeing that status bar bug....cant remember if it ever was fixed. Ill try on the pandora version, may be it has an i never released a updated gp2x version

Back