Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Donation Idea

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I would like to get feedback from the community to start a collection fund for purchasing wiz's for developers that have done something for the gp2x scene. The pandora project has something similar and I think it be great if we can do something similar for the wiz.

It probably would be a paypal account for the funds, once we reach the amount needed by a wiz distributer then we can have them send a wiz to a selected developer.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Sounds good. we need to get you devs the newer model so your on par with everyone else!

Peter R posted on May 25 2009 at 09:04 PM) We need someone who will take the money (and hopefully not get their post office account frozen said:
:lol: Unless there will be about 500.000 USD donations at once, it shouldn't be a problem.

I could setup a new PayPal account with a special eMail adress specifically for this and also handle the shipping to the dev :)
If anybody would like me to do that ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 25 2009 at 07:56 PM) [quote="Peter R posted on May 25 2009 at 09:04 PM said:
We need someone who will take the money (and hopefully not get their post office account frozen"].
:lol: Unless there will be about 500.000 USD donations at once, it shouldn't be a problem.[/quote]I could setup a new PayPal account with a special eMail adress specifically for this and also handle the shipping to the dev :)
If anybody would like me to do that ;)

I vote for evil-d.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, good devs earn a free wiz to port there fine homebrew to wiz!
Yeah, good devs earn a free wiz to improve there fine homebrew on wiz!

So i vote to for EvilDragon.

I just topped my paypal account a bit, so sure i can donate some (not much, but every penny counts)

Could to see some positive feedback. Thanks to ED for being proactive.
I would also hope to see other distributors step up too, by at least offering to support shipping wiz's to developers if the funds are available. Also maybe by offering wiz at a reduced rate, but this is clearly at their discretion.

Also if we go ahead with this, I think there should be a group probably no more than 5 individuals that will decide on who to send a development unit to. Others could send nominations of potential developers or the person could
make the request in person. I think the only requirement is that the person being nominated have done something on anyone of the previous gp/gph products.

I totally agree with you guys,
I'm in if you decide to go on with this project, I'll donate for sure

:)

Back