Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

Hi

MC to Archlinux on my Aspire One 722 netbook works well.

I would like to have a few things:-

1. a hot key for toggling 'grab input'

2. L and R shoulder buttons mapped to mouse clicks dont work with mc. Want to find a way to map those.

Nataraj

Ok, MC works with my PS3, nubs, dpad and keyboard. Buttons might not be mapped properly but I'll test later as my wife has taken over the TV :(

Also if the usb connection works does that mean bluetooth should be possible as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else tried to use MC with two pandoras? So that one is used as a BT/USB controller for the other? I tried this with a friend for some TV-out enabled battletoads goodness, but we couldn't get it work with neither USB (using a hub in between) nor bluetooth :(

The used devices were a CC pandora connected to a Rebirth (running GPFCE) connected to TV. Both work with MC when connected to a desktop.

Ended up using a wiimote for the second controller.

Anyone else tried to use MC with two pandoras? So that one is used as a BT/USB controller for the other? I tried this with a friend for some TV-out enabled battletoads goodness, but we couldn't get it work with neither USB (using a hub in between) nor bluetooth :(

The used devices were a CC pandora connected to a Rebirth (running GPFCE) connected to TV. Both work with MC when connected to a desktop.

Two Pandoras were paired together with PCSXReARMed running at the Gamescom 2013 - check the article on Pandoralive :)

Two Pandoras were paired together with PCSXReARMed running at the Gamescom 2013 - check the article on Pandoralive :)
Any pointers on how to get it working? Was there anything special in the process?

My Pandora was the host Pandora and another Rebirth I think was the MC Pandora.

Simply enable MC and plug in the USB cable.

I just tried this myself actually. Haven't attempted it with USB yet, only bluetooth. I connected the non-host Pandora to the host Pandora via bluetooth, then used MC on the non-host Pandora so both of them could control the host simultaneously. With some button remaps for P2, (for example, put P2's controls onto the keyboard, P1 on the d-pad and buttons) hoping it would work, but for the emulators/games that did work, (some didn't at all) the host Pandora would only accept one button press at a time from the non-host. In other words, no jumping and moving at the same time in Super Mario Bros...makes it kinda hard to play...

Oddly enough, I also tried playing Mari0 by doing this, but when I went in, the host Pandora's nubs were no longer working, which is strange because they worked fine in XFCE, and also worked fine in Mari0 when the other Pandora wasn't paired...it doesn't make any sense...

I wanted to pair the ICP with Pandroa via Bluetooth and use the Pandora via USB to controll my Compuer.

However, Pandora mouse controls Computer and ICP controls Pandora mouse but When the ICP moves the Pandora mouse it doesn't move the Computer mouse?

Can this be fixed?

Tried via bluetooth on a Samsung Galaxy SIII International GT-I-9300

- I had some problems connecting because, after pairing, the pandora was not seen as a HID device but only as internet connection service. Then suddenly the Input device option came out (took time to start the service?)

- I had to remap mouse to right nub, as that is what I use in the pandora prefs, and apparently the other nub didn't work (can't use one for the pandora and one for the phone, apparently)

Then it just WORKED.

And it's great! WOW! Next is the TV, will let you know. Ask again, what was that moment when I realized the Pandora was awsome? Now.

Add some keywords to the repos page!!! I searched for mouse, keyboard, hid and found nothing.

Thanks,

Francesco

Just to let you know:

Finally tried to connect with My Arch Linux via Bluetooth and it works fine.

Great stuff.

:)

Just wanted to say thanks again for such a usefull tool:

Needed to alter some system settings on my xmbc htpc and after thinking about two minutes where I could get a keyboard to change the settings, I realized that I just needed my Pandora. B)

I have a question regarding the touchscreen.

Is it possible to use the touchscreen as a trackpad like on a laptop?

So that you can move the mouse even on a screen bigger than 800 x 480 and also have the possibility to change the speed of the mouse (when moving over the touchscreen)

Actually I like if this option will be added even for normal pandora use

Hi Crionic. Any news on the 1-key-at-a-time ?

What I mean is the issue that when you walk left, then press A to jump, the left key stops working, even though it still is depressed, (kinda what you get by holding A then you get AAAAA and press and release B, and you see AAAAAB but even if A is still depressed, no new A's are generated.). It seems the keys are treated as keys, not as modifiers (control, alt, shift).

and thanks again for this nice piece of software.

I always use it with bluetooth connection AWESOMENESS, on 2 diffent PC with 2 different dongles and 2 different drivers.

Anyway the drivers were working in a totally different way when pairing, I had to play a bit with one of them to understand how to do that...

with "BlueSoleil" all worked great from the beginning, I started MC and then, from the PC I searched for devices and started the pairing, entered the code on the PC and then on the Pandora.

After that just close the connection, set on the service on BlueSoleil to always accept connection from the remote device, and that's all.

When from MC I connect to the PC it will immediately takes the control.

In the other PC I don't remember very well the procedure (it should be described by me somewhere in this thread), with the other driver (that I don't remember how it was called), I wasn't able to start a pairing, there was no option, and the connection from the Pandora was automatically rejected...

So I found an option to permit momentarily a connection from a device, I paired from the Pandora and confirmed on the PC, saved the new device, added permission to access the required services, and then I disconnected.

Then, as before, when I start the connection from the Pandora I just select the PC, and suddenly I have the remote mouse/keyboard working.

It depends mainly on how the PC drivers are working and what services/protections are offering.

EDIT: found !! the other PC has a Toshiba BT stack

Another thing, I connected a USB Mouse to the Pandora, because I was trying to see if it was grabbed, but wasn't... are you planning to implement support even for USB devices ?

This functionality should transform every USB controller in a wireless one.
 Originally, MC was designed to support external input devices. But the support itself is not implemented yet. But it will come for sure.
WHAT I FOUND ?! A PROMISE !!! :D

Hey Crionic are you still there ? :)

Back