Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

Hmm, so after setting the nubs to joystick mode, I sort of get joystick output... however, both nubs seem to output to the main joystick (x/y axis) on the emulated gamepad. There also seem to be some overflow issues when mapping the nubs to the virtual joysticks, since when I push it all the way to the right or bottom, it wraps around to the left or top respectively. This is on Windows 7, by the way.
Thanks for your report. I can reproduce this. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

=======================================================================================
PND : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/mastercontrol.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mastercontrol=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ gksudo -m 'Master Control needs root privileges to run.Please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ modprobe gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mkdir -p /dev/gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mountpoint -q /dev/gadgetfs
++ mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadgetfs
+ result='mount: unknown filesystem type '\''gadgetfs'\'''
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Looks like there are still problems with the start script. Please unload all "g_" modules by hand. That should fix the problem

I remapped and it works great.

Unfortunately most Fn Keys are not working or wrong mapped.

Is My Computer switches Z and Y, as I have a German computer.

Can you add international Keyboard support, please

How do I map the Action buttons as Page Up and down and Home and end

Writing this with my Pandora on my big computer :) .

Edit

Can you speed up mouse movement.

Pretty slow on a full HD screen.

Is there an there way than in Pandora settings menu.

EDIT 2

Start does not work as ALT

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, so after setting the nubs to joystick mode, I sort of get joystick output... however, both nubs seem to output to the main joystick (x/y axis) on the emulated gamepad. There also seem to be some overflow issues when mapping the nubs to the virtual joysticks, since when I push it all the way to the right or bottom, it wraps around to the left or top respectively. This is on Windows 7, by the way.
Thanks for your report. I can reproduce this. It will be fixed as soon as possible.

PND : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/apps/mastercontrol.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol
APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mastercontrol=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ gksudo -m 'Master Control needs root privileges to run.Please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ modprobe gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mkdir -p /dev/gadgetfs
+ result=
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
++ mountpoint -q /dev/gadgetfs
++ mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadgetfs
+ result='mount: unknown filesystem type '\''gadgetfs'\'''
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Looks like there are still problems with the start script. Please unload all "g_" modules by hand. That should fix the problem
and..how do i do that??

and..how do i do that??
Do this at the terminal:

# -- Find running USB networking related modules

lsmod | grep g_

# -- this will return a list like this (mine only shows one item, but there could be more)

g_cdc 31842 0

# -- remove modules you see

sudo rmmod g_cdc

After that it should launch fine.
ok it does work now.do i have to do this procedure every time i reboot the pandora?

^ Yes you will need to do that every time you reboot.. well until he can fix the script.

As I don't care much about middle mouse button can I map Right nub Up/down as Scroll up/down?

As I don't care much about middle mouse button can I map Right nub Up/down as Scroll up/down?
The HID mouse does not have a scroll wheel implemented (yet). Anyway, it would be difficult to differentiate between a "double left click" (nub up) and a "left click" (nub left). This would require to measure the time between clicks somehow, which is not supported. At least not yet :)

Okay, I tried it on my laptop at home running Windows 7 Home ultra or whatever the hell it is, and it seems to work on that. However, trying it on my work computer running Windows 7 Enterprise, once I get it to not just quit the program, it seems to register the first key press and nothing else.

Tested the USB - mode with Android, and it works :) :

I could navigate in Android with the D-PAD, use the keyboard to type something and use the nub as a mouse - but I could not use the left shoulder button as left mouse click. I also tried to play some games with it and Metal Slug 3 was playable after I disabled the mouse output, but the configuration is a little weired, but thats probably game dependent.

Tested the USB - mode with Android, and it works :) :

I could navigate in Android with the D-PAD, use the keyboard to type something and use the nub as a mouse - but I could not use the left shoulder button as left mouse click. I also tried to play some games with it and Metal Slug 3 was playable after I disabled the mouse output, but the configuration is a little weired, but thats probably game dependent.
Good to see USB working with android. Thanks :)

Still examining the Bluetooth problems. Hope to get i work properly soon.

A new version is available: v1.0.1.1

Change Log:

- Gui
Added a status bar at the bottom of the window. This will be used to display
some information (currently only used for a few bluetooth messages).

- Bluetooth
Initiating a connection to a host has been disabled for now because this
could cause some troubles. These problems are still under investigation...
However, a host still may connect to the Pandora and MC will accept the connection.

Some smaller improvements

- Startup script
The script will now try to unload conflicting modules. These modules will be
reloaded, when MC terminates.
If something goes wrong, an error dialog should appear

For bluetooth instructions, please read #1 post.

I need some tests to be done with Android. Unfortunately I don't have access to Android devices with newer versions than Gingerbread (which seems not to have BT HID support built in)

Btw: Has anyone tested the USB boot keyboard, yet? :)

Will there be a GUI for button mapping.

It would be more easy as I don't know the correct names for all the Keyboard signs.

Will there be a GUI for button mapping.

It would be more easy as I don't know the correct names for all the Keyboard signs.
Well, it's not planned, since you can use every text editor. And the syntax shouldn't be too hard to understand ;)

But I could assemble a list of all valid keys if that helps.

I don't know how [{>~ for example are named correctly.

If you can point out some link where all signs are named it'd be good for me.

Also to make it look nicer and editing more easy, is it possible to start a new line in the config file for each button bind?

It would make things much more easy for me.

Will you fix the Fn keys?

The Fn keys are on my German keyboard not where the US counterpart is.

I'm not able to see my pandora on my (Ubuntu) laptop as a HID device, only as a computer. I also get occasional segfaults. So unfortunately I haven't been able yet to make this work, but I very much like what is being attempted here. It would be very useful for me to use my laptop as a remote control for my laptop when I'm watching a movie on my beamer (now I need to get up to get to my laptop in order to do things like pause the movie).

Is there a specific reason why you're releasing this as "Freeware" and not as "Free software"?  (e.g. under the GPL or any other Free software license). I'm not trying to push you to free this up, but it would be nice if this would be Free (as opposed to just gratis), because I imagine it is very much something others may want to extend and build further on.

Same here for me: tested with with Fedora 17 and Android 4.1.1, but neither recognised the Pandora as anything other than a computer.

The USB connection works perfectly with my Ubuntu laptop though. It's just not a very practical solution for me because I don't like to have a cable when it is not needed, and also the only miniUSB cable I have lying around is a very short one I normally use for my external hard disk. So getting bluetooth to work is kind of crucial for my use case.

Tried again the bluetooth on windows 7 and nothing...

Just a question, I noted that in the full interface the Bluetooth button is always off when I open it, and I press it after the connection is already active... is this the correct way ? or I have to push it in some other particular moment ?

I tried two games on OpenSuse Linux, via USB :

SHank and Cave Story. For both, the action buttons are not recognized. There should be a problem somewhere, and I can't map them.

Keyboard, Nubs, and d-Pad works fine.

Back