Release [WIP] Master Control - Testers needed

There are still problems with Windows. Is the Bluetooth button's border turning green? Does Windows recognize the devices?
yes, I can see the HID service in the list of the pandora device from Windows, I can start a connection (and the icon become green), and it is stable, i also have to terminate the connection by hand.

The key map only contains some major keys (A-Z, 1.0, a mouse). The right nub is not mapped. You can do that yourself. See previous post.
O_O but... if the right nub is not mapped... how was I able to click with it ?! O_O

I'll go to see the keymap...

Doesn't seem to work with android bluetooth. The phone recognizes that its an input device but the bluetooth rectangle never turns green.

Just tried this, but doesn't work with bluetooth (and Windows) for me.

The HID device is seen and the connection can start, but once it is established everything I do in MasterControl is not seen by the PC.

Tried different times, even restarting the program more then once during the connection.
There are still problems with Windows. Is the Bluetooth button's border turning green? Does Windows recognize the devices?
maybe you can list the steps necessary for a bluetooth connection?

Installed on my pandora but the interface never shows up. It asks for root, then nothing. Is there a log file on the system to check for output?
The program could not be started. Please check /tmp/pndrun_mastercontrol.out

Barfs out when doing a mount: mount: unknown filesystem type 'gadgetfs'
Error in spoiler

trashyOP-1Ghz:~$ cat /tmp/pndrun_mastercontrol.out
=======================================================================================
PND : /media/thirtytwo/pandora/menu/mastercontrol.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/thirtytwo/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol
APPDD_FSTYPE : fuseblk
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/thirtytwo/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mastercontrol=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ gksudo -m 'Master Control needs root privileges to run. Please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
+ modprobe gadgetfs
+ mkdir -p /dev/gadgetfs
+ mountpoint -q /dev/gadgetfs
+ mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadgetfs
mount: unknown filesystem type 'gadgetfs'
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Edit: This was from my 1Ghz Unit.. It launches fine on my Rebirth unit.
Edit 2: Seems to work on my First Batch (CC) unit as well.

Edit 3: while I can't get it to work on my 1Ghz unit.. I can use my CC to control my Rebirth to then control my 1Ghz unit. Doesn't pass off control like I thought it would..

FYI my 1Ghz is on the latest and greatest Firmware and all updates... My older units (CC/Rebirth) are still on SZ 1.54 

Last edited by a moderator:
Barfs out when doing a mount: mount: unknown filesystem type 'gadgetfs'

Error in spoiler

trashyOP-1Ghz:~$ cat /tmp/pndrun_mastercontrol.out
PND : /media/thirtytwo/pandora/menu/mastercontrol.pnd
PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs
APPDATADIR : /media/thirtytwo/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol
APPDD_FSTYPE : fuseblk
PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>
EXENAME : pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
ARGUMENTS : <unset>
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,dirs="/media/thirtytwo/pandora/appdata/mastercontrol=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/mastercontrol=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol"
[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ gksudo -m 'Master Control needs root privileges to run. Please enter your password' id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
+ exec sudo -n ./pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
+ modprobe gadgetfs
+ mkdir -p /dev/gadgetfs
+ mountpoint -q /dev/gadgetfs
+ mount -t gadgetfs gadgetfs /dev/gadgetfs
mount: unknown filesystem type 'gadgetfs'
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( pandora/run_mastercontrol.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/mastercontrol': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2
Edit: This was from my 1Ghz Unit.. It launches fine on my Rebirth unit.

Edit 2: Seems to work on my First Batch (CC) unit as well.

Edit 3: while I can't get it to work on my 1Ghz unit.. I can use my CC to control my Rebirth to then control my 1Ghz unit. Doesn't pass off control like I thought it would..

FYI my 1Ghz is on the latest and greatest Firmware and all updates... My older units (CC/Rebirth) are still on SZ 1.54 
This error happens, if you have any gadget device drivers loaded (modules g_*). You probably have USB network running. You will have to deactivate it for now.

How do you disable output devices? I tried toggling the output device buttons but nothing changed.

O_O but... if the right nub is not mapped... how was I able to click with it ?! O_O

I thought that I was able to make a click with the right nub too, but then I realized that the left and right shoulder buttons are mapped as mouse buttons..maybe its the "same story" ?

I tried it with Windows 8, and using it via USB was a breeze, only the mapping needs some serious alteration (did not have time to lok into it yet). While I could pair the Pandora via bluetooth to Windows 8, the Pandora wasn't recognized as input device.

I also had no luck in using it with my Samsung Note 2.

Is the touchscreen area supposed to work already ?

Thanks so much for this, my Pandora expanded its usecases again, this is already getting really handy !

How do you disable output devices? I tried toggling the output device buttons but nothing changed.
The buttons are currently without function. They will work in the next version.

I thought that I was able to make a click with the right nub too, but then I realized that the left and right shoulder buttons are mapped as mouse buttons..maybe its the "same story" ?

I tried it with Windows 8, and using it via USB was a breeze, only the mapping needs some serious alteration (did not have time to lok into it yet). While I could pair the Pandora via bluetooth to Windows 8, the Pandora wasn't recognized as input device.

I also had no luck in using it with my Samsung Note 2.

Is the touchscreen area supposed to work already ?

Thanks so much for this, my Pandora expanded its usecases again, this is already getting really handy !
In fact the the right nub's middle button (think it's down position) is mapped to the mouse middle button. Also shoulder buttons are mapped as right and left buttons. So that's intended behavior.

To check that, just take a look at the config files. I didn't map all inputs, since every user may use a custom map.

Touchscreen support is not implemented yet.

I'm still investigating the bluetooth problems :)

This error happens, if you have any gadget device drivers loaded (modules g_*). You probably have USB network running. You will have to deactivate it for now.
If you check /usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh you'll find that it disables any running gadget drivers and restores them when done. You should be able to use the same method in your run script.

- Neelix

maybe useful info: starting up the pnd the bluetooth LED doesn't light up, neither does dmesg show any bluetooth messages, if I start the pnd with bluetooth enabled, also no additional dmesg show up..

(well ofcourse I don't know if any should in either case...)

If you check /usr/pandora/scripts/op_storage.sh you'll find that it disables any running gadget drivers and restores them when done. You should be able to use the same method in your run script.

- Neelix
Thanks for that info.  That would be quite handy. I will check it.

Are the sources available ?
Not yet. But they certainly will be.

maybe useful info: starting up the pnd the bluetooth LED doesn't light up, neither does dmesg show any bluetooth messages, if I start the pnd with bluetooth enabled, also no additional dmesg show up..

(well ofcourse I don't know if any should in either case...)
The pnd doesn't start or stop bluetooth. If bt is disabled, it simply won't be used :)

The pnd doesn't start or stop bluetooth. If bt is disabled, it simply won't be used :)
If you want to add an automatic activation/deactivation of the bluetooth device you can look at how BTDUN works.

Same error as TrashyMG but for me on a CC unit running SZ 1.54

Should I update firmware & test again or wait for update & test with old firmware?

Well updating firmware didn't fix much for me.. A short term fix until the PND gets updated is to unload the conflicting usb networking module..

Do this at the terminal:

# -- Find running USB networking related modules

lsmod | grep g_

# -- this will return a list like this (mine only shows one item, but there could be more)

g_cdc 31842 0

# -- remove modules you see

sudo rmmod g_cdc

After that it should launch fine.

Thanks for the reply, TrashyMG. I will upgrade the launch script for the next update.

Back